Zodiaco group flow valve removal

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Chinoagreda

#1: Post by Chinoagreda »

Hello!
I'm new to this vintage machines world!
I'm working on a faema president. Currently dismantling to check all parts

I'm trying to remove flow valve body if can be call that way but it is really hard. It moves half turn but get stuck again.
The other group was really tight but as soon as it got loose was easy. This one is different.

Any advice?

Marcelnl

#2: Post by Marcelnl »

there is bound to someone who can help you but if you can please upload a picture of the group and the part as Faema is also famous for using random parts across machines.
LMWDP #483

Chinoagreda (original poster)

#3: Post by Chinoagreda (original poster) »

Thanks for your answer. Here is the picture

104258 on drawing

dominico
Team HB

#4: Post by dominico »

The threads may be gunked up, or something is causing it to seize up again as you continue.

You could try tapping it lightly a bunch of times with a wooden mallet before trying to unscrew it again.

I actually has this exact part break on me a few years ago. I wound up ordering replacement parts, and using stuff from the hardware store in the meantime to keep the group working until my replacement parts came in: Faema Zodiaco busted a nut, replacement parts?
https://bit.ly/3N1bhPR
Il caffè è un piacere, se non è buono che piacere è?

#5: Post by Chinoagreda (original poster) »

Hi Domenico. Your post is really useful for me

I remove the piece but unfortunately thread are damaged. I will need to buy a new one and rectify thread at group body to remove debris.

By chance do you still have part number from heritage?

Here are some pictures.

Thanks!

dominico
Team HB

#6: Post by dominico »

Hello Pablo,

The part numbers are actually Quality Espresso part numbers. Quality Espresso, a company in Spain, still manufactures this lever group in its entirety under a different brand name: Futurmat Palanca.

I contacted Quality Espresso directly and the referred me to Heritage Parts as their US distributor.

You can contact them and they can refer you to their nearest distributor.

The part you are looking for is 02212406

Here are screenshots from their spare parts catalog

#7: Post by Chinoagreda (original poster) »

Thanks so much Domenico. I will buy it from us distributor since ir is easy for me.

#8: Post by Chinoagreda (original poster) »

Hi Domenico!

i finally fishing working on my Faema President. I'm making some tests. I saw your video on Adjusting water flow.

I have a question. My machine when release the lever has no resistance as some videos, my goes back to start position pretty fast. some videos they release the lever and it slowly return to initial position. My cannot do that, i need to hold it if not will be a violent return.

also have few crema.

i change springs and seals. i will check if seal are in correct position. Both groups work the same.

dominico
Team HB

#9: Post by dominico »

Hello Pablo, which coffee are you using?

Does it come already ground or do you grind it?

From your description it sounds like the coffee needs to be ground much finer, or the coffee is old.

Coffee that is ground too coarse will not provide enough resistance to slow the lever, it will also provide litte to no crema.

Old coffee needs to be ground much finer than recently roasted coffee, and the older the coffee the less crema it will provide in general.

#10: Post by Chinoagreda (original poster) »

Thanks Dominico!

i followed your advices.

i am new in this lever machine world and espresso machine world.

coffee was too coarse. i got it more finer an was ok.

thanks for your reply!> and for videos of your lever machine!