Will "water booster pump" work/help my espresso machine? - Page 2

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Nunas
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by Nunas »

jjgamer218 wrote:Thank you so much for that Nunas. I'm saving this reply for future reference. Really appreciate it. Few follow up question if you don't mind.

1. When you say "internal reservoir" in #1. Is that the machine's internal reservoir where you pull out, add water then put back in?

2. Is boost pump needed or not need for a machine that has been modified (mini vivaldi ii has no plumb in option) to directly get water from a 5 gallon water tank instead of the internal reservoir that you pull out to refill water? assuming that the water gallon is placed directly below the counter. Its clear that my bianca will have no problem but just want to make sure with the vivaldi.

3.In #7 "the ability to wet the puck" is this one of benefit of using boost pump with my bianca that is plumb to external reservoir(water gallon)?
#1 Yes.
#2 Correct, there should be no problem for the Bianca pulling water up only a few feet. I don't know about the Vivaldi, as it has a vibe pump. A few folks say they will pull up a couple of feet, but most say no. I have not tried, so can't say. One thing for sure, you'd need a foot valve, and you'd need to prime the line to clear it of air to get it to work. If you try it, let us know :)
#3 No, no real benefit. The Bianca has inbuilt variable flow rate device. So, you can preinfuse to any degree you wish, from merely wetting the puck to doing a short preinfusion at higher pressure, or anything between, just by moving the control atop the group. You don't need a boost pump for this.

jjgamer218 (original poster)

#12: Post by jjgamer218 (original poster) replying to Nunas »

Thank you Nunas for the help. I think i'll also consult this with the repair tech. since there really is no answer about my question #2. If using a water booster pump for mini vivaldi will help since the answer i get/search are mixed.