Which espresso machine would be considered as the best and why?

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
h_o_n_k_e

#1: Post by h_o_n_k_e »

Hello everyone!
I would like to discuss about commercial espresso machines. What is the best machine in terms of reliability and low maintenance costs? Do you have your favorites? Which ones and why?
My personal is FB80 from La Marzocco. Dual boiler, good heat stability, precise volumetrics, simply well made.

JRising
Team HB

#2: Post by JRising »

The DeLonghi Perfetto because Brad Pitt likes it.

cmin

#3: Post by cmin »

Delonghi Bar 32

JRising
Team HB

#4: Post by JRising replying to cmin »

That's got 15 bars, that's pretty good!
Thanks for pointing it out, I had never seen one before. Impressive... and such a compact footprint.

Now, before Dan closes the thread because of me...

A lot can be said for familiarity. Your barista(s) will have preferences for the ways some machines excel in steam delivery or whether or not they self-regulate their grouphead temperature. You'll want the Barista's opinion far more than ours.

HB
Admin

#5: Post by HB »

All kidding aside, when it comes to commercial espresso machines, the best choice is the one you can readily get parts for and serviced quickly. Down time for a cafe = lost revenue and angry customers.
Dan Kehn

F9zSlavik

#6: Post by F9zSlavik »

I own a Casadio A1 Dieci, Cimbali M32 A1, Simonelli Ellimatic and a Cimbali Jr. I'm not rich I just happen to get all 4 super cheap.

I took a while for me to get a handle on the M32, but once ya get a hang of it, she is awesome. Takes up space but I am OK with it lol. I plan on using this for my business. The casadio dieci a1, is a lot easier to use and makes fantastic espressos. Again though these are commercial are and they are huge. The cimbali jr is an awesome machine too but definitely has it quirks! No bigger than a air fryer, took me a while to get the hang of it and even now I still dont think I have narrowed down how to make proper coffee. The llimatic is one I am super looking forward to try out, she is a few decades old, just waiting on a portafilter. She is small! They dont make them like this anymore! Size of a small microwave.

h_o_n_k_e (original poster)

#7: Post by h_o_n_k_e (original poster) »

I'v heard Brad Pitt likes you more than Perfetto.

#8: Post by h_o_n_k_e (original poster) »

HB wrote:All kidding aside, when it comes to commercial espresso machines, the best choice is the one you can readily get parts for and serviced quickly. Down time for a cafe = lost revenue and angry customers.
I don't have any experience than some old Rancilio (Classe 8 and 10) but I know bit more about La Marzocco, older generations such as Linea Classic, GB5, etc. I would like to discuss with you guys about technical details and not about De Longhi and Brad Pitt.
I live in Oslo in Norway and La Marzocco is very popular here. Spare parts available, few smart techs ready to help when need it.
As I mentioned before, this are my favourite machines but they have a lot of weak points.
I would like to hear something more from you about your favourite machines. Commercial machines only:)

#9: Post by h_o_n_k_e (original poster) »

Hi. It's been couple months since I asked and not so many answers:). Probably because I am newby here, which is totally fine. My conclusions are more or less like this : La Marzocco are best machines. Yes, they are expensive to buy and maintain, but very reliable, easy to get spareparts.I don't know much about the newest generation but I am very against of "straight-portafilter" and "built-in scale". This is overkilled and unnecessary. Linea PB , this is where evolution should stop! Existing machines should be upgraded, based in their own-factory mistakes.
I guess , over 6 years I found them all. It's is a long reading, but who knows, maybe worth it for you.
All my technical endeavour you can find at my insta channel : h_o_n_k_e.
Bests.
Andrzej

yakster
Supporter ♡

#10: Post by yakster »

Most of the users here probably have more experience with home or prosumer machines instead of commercial espresso machines.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272