Where can I find this part? And what is the name of this part?

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Plainespresso

#1: Post by Plainespresso »

Where can I find this part? And what is the name of this part?

I have been trying to replace hot water valve without success for a while. AND I notice that I messed up the part in the photo. I think I damaged screw thread. Yeah it is a long story.

By the way my machine Rocket Giotto Plus which is 2011 or 2012 model with only boiler pressure dial.

Many Thanks in advance

AssafL

#2: Post by AssafL »

I is a 90 degree elbow pipe fitting. It looks like a male to female (the part that connects to the faucet looks wider - as if it has internal threads). It looks like the threads are parallel (not tapered) since the seal is done with a soldered nipple.

I can't recognize the thread itself (I have an assortment of fittings that help me recognize the thread).
Scraping away (slowly) at the tyranny of biases and dogma.

NelisB

#3: Post by NelisB »

Should be available at your local plumbing shop. It doesnt look like it is an original part of your machine though. These kind of fittings are used for installing water and gas.

Alan Frew

#4: Post by Alan Frew »

https://www.coffeeparts.com.au/parts-by ... s-fittings , towards the bottom of the page.

Alan

erics
Supporter ★

#5: Post by erics »

The part is a 1/4" BSPP street ell. Stefano has them: https://www.espressocare.com/products/i ... essurestat

You should also think about some other parts you may need to amortize the shipping costs.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

Plainespresso (original poster)

#6: Post by Plainespresso (original poster) »

Thank you so much guys.

bluesman

#7: Post by bluesman »

Plainespresso wrote:Where can I find this part? And what is the name of this part?
It looks to me like that's not a simple male to female elbow. Unless the picture's misleading, the male thread on the vertical has a mating nut sitting around the bottom of the copper tube that inserts into the ID of the threaded shaft, and the copper tube that inserts into that male thread has a compression bulb on the end. The vertical thread looks to me like a compression fitting. You can't just shove that tube end inside a male threaded pipe - it won't seal.

erics
Supporter ★

#8: Post by erics »

It looks to me like that's not a simple male to female elbow.
It is.

The nut forces the mushroom end of the tube against the ID of those male threads. It is a very common arrangement.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

bluesman

#9: Post by bluesman »

erics wrote:The nut forces the mushroom end of the tube against the ID of those male threads. It is a very common arrangement.
Similar looking but less expensive fittings from Home Depot etc are not made to accept compression bulbs in the male end. Almost all of the cheap ones are NPT anyway - they can be forced into the mating threads and made to seal with enough tape and force, but they're not the right parts to use.

Only high quality, purpose made pieces have the smooth, concave inner mating surfaces that seal against a compression bulb. The ones to which Alan and you provide links are both made like this. But the US standard threaded elbow adapters found at our big box stores do not have suitable mating surfaces - the bulb is pressed against the unfinished ID of the male end and seals only against a rough edge.

Using them is false economy - I just wanted to help the OP avoid this mistake.

Plainespresso (original poster)

#10: Post by Plainespresso (original poster) »

I just want to let you guys know that I got the part from Stefano and repaired my Giotto. It runs great and my wife is happy. I used teflon tape to connect the hot water valve's male part and BSPP street ell. No leakage. I really appreciate all of your help.