Using IMS Competition Shower Screen on Breville Dual Boiler 920XL - Page 8

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
DaveB

#71: Post by DaveB »

Silentsim wrote:So was the conclusion that IMS screen is worth it for BDB/oracle?
With the nano-coated version, I find it rinses cleaner than the stock one when I do the quick cleaning flushes between shots.
Von meinem iPhone gesendet

lancealot

#72: Post by lancealot »

I have the IMS screen in both nano coated and regular. I find they both rinse cleaner than the stock screen.

IMAWriter

#73: Post by IMAWriter »

Excellent thread!! Could you point me to the correct screen? I saw a couple links, but they were back a few months. I had an IMS on my Strega.Using HQ baskets I had very nice consistency.
Thanks much.

EDIT: Is it CI200NT?

pcrussell50

#74: Post by pcrussell50 »

lancealot wrote:I have the IMS screen in both nano coated and regular. I find they both rinse cleaner than the stock screen.
Same here. I have both nano and not. They are smoother/flatter and clean easier. I can't really tell if they make better espresso than stock though. They might make sexier "cup warming pron":
-Peter
LMWDP #553

lancealot

#75: Post by lancealot »

IMAWriter wrote:Excellent thread!! Could you point me to the correct screen? I saw a couple links, but they were back a few months. I had an IMS on my Strega.Using HQ baskets I had very nice consistency.
Thanks much.

EDIT: Is it CI200NT?
Yes Ims CI200NT

IMAWriter

#76: Post by IMAWriter »

Thanks!

The 51.9 I assume? Not the 56.5? It's been a long while---6 years since I purchased for the Strega.

lancealot

#77: Post by lancealot »

I really can't say. I just bought that model in the last post. It was the right size. My understanding is that CI 200 NT only comes in one size. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

IMAWriter

#78: Post by IMAWriter »

lancealot wrote:Uhh, I really can't say. I just bought that model in the last post. It was the right size. My understanding is that CI 200 NT only comes in one size. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
It's weird. I cannot find that screen at ANY of the legit vendors. I'm afraid of an ebay knock off. I'll measure the stock screen. I figured maybe Chris Coffee, WWL, Clive, SCG, 1st-line SOMEBODY would have it. Lots of MA designations.

lancealot

#79: Post by lancealot »

There are 2 versions of the IMS screen:
regular: CI 200 IM
and
nanocoated: CI 200 NT

For some reason it is very hard or impossible to get the nano coated version of this screen from a USA vendor. I had to buy it at the Tor.Toys ebay store. It took forever to get here. Like a month. This morning's search only found sources on ebay.

You can get the "regular" one this morning from EPNW.
https://www.espressoparts.com/precision ... icron-c-32

IMAWriter

#80: Post by IMAWriter replying to lancealot »

Yep...I saw it on EPNW last night...they are my usual source for accessories, baskets etc. I emailed them regarding the nano version. BTW, Torr.Toys FB page said "No longer available" which could mean several things...I am VERY wary of some ebay sellers and Amazon vendors. There's just a LOT of bogus stuff being sold as the real thing. Of course, if the item does the job...that's another story. I suppose the non Nano is fine, as Chris Coffee notes..."the nano properties will wear off in time due to chemical backflushing." Of course, a screen change every year (I'm only doing maybe 3 shots daily) would give you a fresh nano coating.