Used Astoria Argenta with missing pump

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Degrath

#1: Post by Degrath »

Hi guys.
Great site you have here.
I recently purchased an Astoria argenta single group coffee machine without a pump, the man I bought it from said it was like that when he purchased it and probably had an external pump.

My question is can I hook up any external pump that goes to 9 bar and run it that way or do I need the original pump, thanks.

Kind regards Denis.

Scott_G

#2: Post by Scott_G »

If that fuzzy white blob is female plug, it might be the outlet for the pump. Otherwise, there are likely 2 or 3 wires that appear to be cut hiding behind the left panel. You can wire in any AC pump that matches the voltage specificaitons, but I'd recommend the rotary pump setup it came with. A vibratory pump will work and can be hidden inside the machine, but they're intrinsically loud and annoying because they vibrate all the metal parts, making them seem even more loud...

Advertisement
Degrath (original poster)

#3: Post by Degrath (original poster) »

Thanks for the reply Scot, much appreciated.
That has made my mind up to go for a rotary pump, would it have been an external or internal one do you think.

Scott_G

#4: Post by Scott_G »

If it's like mine, it's external. Yours may be different as I had the Laurentis (same manufacturer). A smaller pump could probably fit inside mine, but I already had the external setup. Below is a link which may be useful for helping you figure out your configuration.
http://www.cafeparts.com/Espresso-Machi ... tors-Pumps

The external pump setup is nice for the fact that it's usually under the countertop, thus very quiet - the solenoids opening and closing are the loudest part on mine.

#5: Post by Degrath (original poster) »

External pump is it, thanks for the link Scott.

#6: Post by Degrath (original poster) »

Hi Scott/Guys

I am having trouble finding a flow meter for my machine,(if it is meant to have one) it has what looks like a Giemme control panel.
I purchased a external pump as per your recommendations, thanks Scott.
In cafe parts the closest boiler is a Boiler boosted 1 Gruppie, so I think my coffee machine is an Astoria CMA Boiler boosted 1 Gruppie, would this be correct. as hard to get a manual for this model?
And would the date of manufacturer be 16/12/2010?

Many thanks again Denis.

Scott_G

#7: Post by Scott_G »

Hi Denis,

The Giemme controls the auto-fill. Your machine doesn't have volumetric dosing, so there's no flow meter. The rocker switch on the front panel turns on the pump and activates the 3-way solenoid for brewing.

Advertisement

#8: Post by Degrath (original poster) »

Thats good, that I dont need a flow meter, thanks Scott.

#9: Post by Degrath (original poster) »

Hi Scott/everyone

I have been wrecking my brains looking for correct wiring system as every time I plug in coffee machine it trips a switch in the fuse board, would you or anyone else have pictures of the wiring with the side panels off.Like the pictures of mine attached.

Thanks Denis.

erics
Supporter ★

#10: Post by erics »

Maybe you should go here: /downloads/
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com