Two Group Gaggia Orione rebuild

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
KnowGood

#1: Post by KnowGood »

I know I should probably finish one project before taking on another, but the price was right and two is always better than one, right? :D

Lyndon
_________
LMWDP #251

bostonbuzz

#2: Post by bostonbuzz »

That looks awesome. The groups are in pristine condition (on the outside). I wish I could get my hands on one, I have a project in mind.

Bold it to the wall, and put a reservoir around the the grouphead with a water heater in it. Run a gravity pipe to the inlet, and you'd have a commercial spring wall mount Wouter Streitman ES3! Truly a commercial spring from home use.

Please post many pics of the resto.
LMWDP #353

doctorespresso

#3: Post by doctorespresso »

Looks good to me .....have fun

TomC
Team HB

#4: Post by TomC »

Beautiful machine! It looks small and compact until you realize it's sitting next to a lawnmower! :lol:
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

KnowGood (original poster)

#5: Post by KnowGood (original poster) replying to TomC »

ROFLMAO!

This one is missing some parts, but nothing that I don't think can be made or come by. I actually bought it sight unseen - figured the two groups were worth what I paid if it came down to parting it out.
Lyndon
_________
LMWDP #251

spyderxxx

#6: Post by spyderxxx »

That's my lawnmower. Lyndon may never get his Gaggia back.

Ed

#7: Post by KnowGood (original poster) replying to spyderxxx »

Well at least post up some pics as you rip it apart! Who knows - I may let you keep it. :wink:
Lyndon
_________
LMWDP #251

spyderxxx

#8: Post by spyderxxx »

Since Lyndon has to work and I'm retired we had the machine delivered to my place Tuesday afternoon. size is about 28 inches wide and 20 inches deep and tall. I managed to drag an old kitchen cabinet to the garage to use as a work bench. I removed as much as needed to be able to lift the machine onto the work bench.

Had to remove the groups. All the panels and trim. Took a wack of detail pictures to help in reassembly. There was very little debris in the boiler and nothing to speak of coating the elements.

So as of Thursday afternoon this is what is left on the work bench. I kept a lot of assemblies as complete as possible for now.

PS Lyndon is my son-in-law

Ed

#9: Post by KnowGood (original poster) »

I'm going to bring the frame to my work (Hammond Mfg.) hopefully, and throw it in the bead blaster to clean it up a little. If I'm lucky, they may be running black powder that day on the paint line for some enclosures and I can get it painted as well - beggars can't be choosers so chances are it will end up Hammond enclosure grey.

I'm also hoping that Ed can pick up some of the needed hardware for not only this two group, but my still unfinished single group while I'm at work since he is retired. :oops:
Lyndon
_________
LMWDP #251

drgary
Team HB

#10: Post by drgary »

And that's how you'll end up with two working Oriones, you lucky dawg! :mrgreen:
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!