Trouble with Feld2 Grinder by Knock - Page 2

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
warrenlain (original poster)

#11: Post by warrenlain (original poster) »

It's now been three months since I first sent out my grinder back to Knock for repair. I have heard nothing from Peter Kilpatrick. It is my only grinder. I saved up to buy the "best" and I am fully regretting it. I haven't ground any coffee since mid-December. I am beyond upset, I am furious. How can anyone treat their customers this way?

Does anyone know who else I can contact? Maybe someone else who works there who actually respects their customers? Or someone who can hold their business accountable in some way?

TomC
Team HB

#12: Post by TomC »

Almost 4 months, you're probably well outside the window of normal purchase protection from whatever bank/credit card you purchased it thru. But maybe if you've kept documentation of all your attempts, you can possibly get some relief via said bank/credit cards fraud protection?
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

#13: Post by warrenlain (original poster) »

Thanks for the advice. I'll try that.

Just to clarify, this is not from a purchase. It was for a repair/replacement.

Looks like nobody has any way to get in touch.

Who treats their customers this way? What a disappointment. I hope future readers considering purchasing from Knock will see this and think again.

TomC
Team HB

#14: Post by TomC »

warrenlain wrote:Thanks for the advice. I'll try that.

Just to clarify, this is not from a purchase. It was for a repair/replacement.....
Yes, but it is still your property. You own it. If a vendor drops off the map (especially like he's prone to do), and you have no way to get him to respond, it would seem to me that someone would see it like I do, stolen property. He's in possession of something that isn't rightfully his.

I hope you get any recourse that can come your way. It sucks to read about people going thru issues like this.

Good luck.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

#15: Post by warrenlain (original poster) »

Just thought to update everyone that it's been over a year (I sent the grinder body off for repair/replacement in Dec. 2019), and he hasn't returned it or sent a word in reply. I tried to send him messages via Home Barista, email, IG, then when that failed I tried to send messages to his business partner. That didn't work as I didn't know which profile actually belonged to him. Then I tried to chargeback via my credit card company and they said it was outside the window to do a chargeback.

Buyers please beware when doing business with Peter Kilpatrick.

For the record, I have found a comparable, if not better grinder for much less. Anyone in the market for something like Made By Knock Feldgrind, Aergrind, or Feld2:Honed, check out Heihox on Amazon instead. Great build quality. After six months of using mine, I've been very happy with it.

#16: Post by warrenlain (original poster) »

Anyone remember me?

After nearly two years, Peter Kilpatrick finally acknowledged this.

He offered to resolve my issue with either a new grinder or a refund for the one I bought plus the shipping I paid.

He claimed they sent it out in February, but offered no proof and blamed lockdowns and being understaffed for being unable to manage the backlog of messages he claims they have to contend with.

The timing was hardly curious. I left my latest complaint on their IG account (suddenly they are allowing comments).

I took the refund. He sent it. It didn't make everything right but I took what I could get. I should have let it go because of how much time I put into getting a bare minimum reply.

I do not trust Made By Knock Ltd. so long as he is the one managing their customer service.

Meanwhile, my Heihox grinder is doing great.

baldheadracing
Team HB

#17: Post by baldheadracing »

Wow. Congratulations!

Maybe now he'll get around to those of us left unfulfilled from the Aergrind KS.

(I stopped holding my breath on that one :roll: )
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

Jeff
Team HB

#18: Post by Jeff »

I had an issue with an order with Knock that required a PayPal dispute, which Knock never responded to. It seems there's a pattern here.

#19: Post by warrenlain (original poster) »

baldheadracing wrote:Wow. Congratulations!

Maybe now he'll get around to those of us left unfulfilled from the Aergrind KS.

(I stopped holding my breath on that one :roll: )
There are unfulfilled Kickstarter orders? Are you talking about the same one from 2017?

baldheadracing
Team HB

#20: Post by baldheadracing replying to warrenlain »

Yeah :roll:. I was in for two grinders and two metal lids; I received one grinder and no lids (and some apologetic emails promising delivery).

Like I said, I've stopped holding my breath. I was stupid; before the Kickstarter I had ordered a Hausgrind that eventually showed up, but there was a second order that I had to get my credit card company involved with. I gave Knock a third chance with the Kickstarter :?.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada