Tool ideas for tight spots.

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
redbone

#1: Post by redbone »

Need a tool to get into this tight spot and remove the element. Screw on top used to hold wire tight to end of leads. Socket is both too tight and will not fit over.

Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

Paul_Pratt

#2: Post by Paul_Pratt »

Looks like a job for a box spanner

shotwell

#3: Post by shotwell »

Crow's foot wrench is another option, but the box spanner is probably the most affordable.

Randy G.

#4: Post by Randy G. »

I first thought that a thinwall deep socket gripped with locking pliers with a screwdriver through the socket. All you likely need to do is break loose the nut..
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

BaristaBoy E61

#5: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

Needle Nose Pliers?
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

Marcelnl

#6: Post by Marcelnl »

pipe wrench with the screwdriver in it?

edit: basically what Paul said, different name for the same tool...
LMWDP #483

OldNuc

#7: Post by OldNuc »

Thin wall deep socket. Do not need to deal with the terminal screw in most cases. Use a top quality penetrating oil such as KROIL as most other choices are best left on the shelf and allow it to penetrate over night. The deep socket must be broached deep enough to clear the terminal stud which is likely just screwed onto the element end.

redbone (original poster)

#8: Post by redbone (original poster) »

Thanks for the suggestions.

Tried a box spanner but due to the offset I'm not able to place a anything tall as it hits the inside wall. Next attempt will be with a crows foot wrench. Tried a few needle nose pliers but unable to get the torque / grip required to loosen the nuts.

Notice Francesco made a tool similar to crow foot wrench to deal with the problem. http://www.francescoceccarelli.eu/Faida ... C_6546.JPG
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

BaristaBoy E61

#9: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

redbone wrote:Thanks for the suggestions. Tried a few needle nose pliers but unable to get the torque / grip required to loosen the nuts.
I was thinking more about an electrician's long nose pliers that would possibly provide the reach & torque necessary to get the job done.

"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

ira
Team HB

#10: Post by ira »

Buy an inexpensive deep socket and grand away what's in the way till you've made a custom tool for that part. At least that's what I would do.
If you get a 12 point socket you'll have less to grind away and it doesn't look like those nuts are likely very tight.

Ira