Tips for separating wire disconnects?

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
jgrosjean

#1: Post by jgrosjean »

My machine has wire disconnects that looks like this:

They are used for most connections, but right now I'm trying to remove ones that connect to the control board so I can switch it out. They are not coming off easy... any tips? I've read about tabs that need to be pressed for some disconnects... but I don't think these have such tabs right? I guess that means I just need to pull and wiggle?

So far I have one that came off pretty easy. Another that seemed to come off until I realized that it actually pulled the male connector out of the control board with it. (is that to be expected, or mean that I'm doing things very wrong somehow?) And all the rest are still in place. Tips, tools, I'm open to suggestion.

Thanks,
Jesse

jgrosjean (original poster)

#2: Post by jgrosjean (original poster) »

I've changed my mind.. I guess the small bump in the second image must be a tab that I'm supposed to be pressing on?

I'm having difficulty even separating the disconnect from the piece that pulled out of the control board with it. They move sparely when I pull side to side, but when I pull them apart there's no movement. I've tried pressing in through that hole to press the metal dimple down, but can't do it while pulling at the same time. What's the technique that I'm missing?

Here's what I have:

OldNuc

#3: Post by OldNuc »

See those 2 curled over tabs that press on the flat F2 connector? Stick a small screw driver or awl in the back end closest to the wire and pry up on both of them, bending is allowed. Now they will slide right off.

C-Antonio

#4: Post by C-Antonio »

that dimple isnt made to be pressed down, so or you open a bit the clips as OldNuc already explained or you put a flat screwdriver between the wire crimp and the tip of the blade connector and twist, separating the two.

Use whatever method is easier depending on room and position
“Eh sì sì sì…sembra facile (fare un buon caffè)!”

jgrosjean (original poster)

#5: Post by jgrosjean (original poster) »

OldNuc wrote:See those 2 curled over tabs that press on the flat F2 connector? Stick a small screw driver or awl in the back end closest to the wire and pry up on both of them, bending is allowed. Now they will slide right off.
Thanks, that worked great.