Synesso dripping from spout

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Bademester

#1: Post by Bademester »

Hello everyone

I don't know what's wrong, my synesso is dripping from the rubber spout, that leads down to the driptray.

(It's dripping all the time)

Any suggestions?

Kind Regards
Daniel Kristensen

Jake_G
Team HB

#2: Post by Jake_G »

Daniel,

I would try a few chemical backflush sessions to see if it's just crud in the 3 way valve preventing a seal. If that doesn't work, you can either disassemble and clean the 3 way, or replace it.

How old is that machine? Is it under warranty? Have you talked to Synesso about this?

It should be a relatively simple fix.

Cheers!

-Jake
LMWDP #704

Advertisement
Bademester (original poster)

#3: Post by Bademester (original poster) »

"The 3 way valve" you mean the the black box - right? :D

BaristaBoy E61

#4: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

Bademester wrote:I don't know what's wrong, my synesso is dripping from the rubber spout, that leads down to the driptray.

Might it be related to the static pressure of your water entrance if that is too high; what does the Steam Boiler gauge read when cold?

+1 for Jake. That's more likely where your problem originates.
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

#5: Post by Bademester (original poster) »

I try cleaning the brew valve op on the group, didn't help - even switch brew valve's op on the 2 groups, but the left group still drips.

Can it be the "flow meter 4 magnet"?

Kind regards
Daniel K.

Jake_G
Team HB

#6: Post by Jake_G replying to Bademester »

When you say you switched the valves, do you mean just the black box, or did you remove the brass valve base and swap the whole thing?

If the latter, you may have an internal leak in the tube from the solenoid flange to the group. That is a very unpleasant potential.

The water path above the brass brew valve is very simple. One tube feeds the center port from up high in the group, this is the pressure port. The solenoid valve seals this port off when not in use, so a dirty valve can drip water from this tube through the pressure port and out the exhaust tube.

The other port goes through an internal tube directly to the back side of the group. When brewing a shot, the brew valve seals off the exhaust tube and sends water from the pressure port to the group. When not brewing a shot, the internal tube effectively connects the group to the rubber exhaust tube. If this internal tube has a pin hole in it, you will get a steady drip out the exhaust tube, even if the solenoid is sealing the pressure port properly.

Cheers!

- Jake
LMWDP #704

#7: Post by Bademester (original poster) »

These 3 parts :D

Internal leak!!! :( - oh, my! It's only like 1,5 years old:/

Advertisement
Jake_G
Team HB

#8: Post by Jake_G replying to Bademester »

Yes.

Those 3 parts.

The leak is either coming from the pressure port, which is caused by the solenoid not sealing (seemingly ruled out through swapping parts) or its leaking from the group port, and there simply shouldn't be any water in the group port unless there is a leak. :|

I would contact Synesso directly if your vendor won't go to bat for you. They generally stand behind their machines.

Cheers!

- Jake
LMWDP #704

#9: Post by Bademester (original poster) »

When the flojet is set on to deliver pressure and no power on the machine.

The leak stops when i turn the flojet off.

Don't know if it makes any difference.

Jake_G
Team HB

#10: Post by Jake_G »

Bademester wrote:video

When the flojet is set on to deliver pressure and no power on the machine.

The leak stops when i turn the flojet off.

Don't know if it makes any difference.
What you see there is normal. That's how the water gets into the solenoid valve. The ruby seal on the plunger should seal that leak when the barrel is threaded onto the valve body.

You could try pressing the ruby seal against the valve seat and see if you can isolate the leak. If it is an internal leak, water will drip out of the offset hole. If it is a sealing issue within the valve, water will leak from between the ruby and the valve seat.

Ideally, you could plug the center hole with a rubber stopper and verify that no water is coming from there and then see if it is dripping from the offset port.

Cheers!

- Jake
LMWDP #704