Stumped trying to plumb in Bezzera B3000AL [Solved] - Page 4

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
LObin

#31: Post by LObin »

It's been a while since I done it but I believe I simply put it up there with my fingers. Engage the PF all the way with the basket removed. Engage the PF again but with a basket this time.
LMWDP #592

[creative nickname] (original poster)

#32: Post by [creative nickname] (original poster) »

So the hose worked! And I was able to connect it to my John Guest system with a 3/8 BSP male fitting. The machine is now plumbed in, and the boiler filled up just fine when I powered it on.

The initial round gaskets I got did not fit, but with my sellers help I think we have found the right ones:

http://www.cafeparts.com/Bezzera-Group- ... duct/17914

Powering up did reveal that the anti-vacuum valve (or is it an OPV?) is spitting out water without stopping once the boiler reaches full pressure. I'm not sure if it was just a bit loose, or if it has stuck open due to scale. So that's one more project (and hopefully no more!) before this sweet machine is up and running again.
LMWDP #435

Advertisement
LObin

#33: Post by LObin »

These are the baskets that work on my B3000al...

LMWDP #592

LObin

#34: Post by LObin »

Don't know of this helps but here's a pic inside my group (guess I needs a bit of cleaning!)

LMWDP #592

grog

#35: Post by grog »

I had a vac breaker that was never fully sealing on my Cimbali M20. It was a 5 minute repair. Remove fitting and replace o-ring. Reinstall and power back up.
LMWDP #514

#36: Post by [creative nickname] (original poster) »

LObin wrote:Don't know of this helps but here's a pic inside my group (guess I needs a bit of cleaning!)

<image>
This was so helpful! I looked for an existing gasket early on in the process but could not feel one with my fingers. And the portafilter never met resistance without a basket, which I am used to from modern machines with deeper, cylindrical gaskets, so I assumed there was nothing in there.

I should have gone back and checked again, when the tiny round gasket showed up, but it just slipped my mind somehow. So I've been trying to install a gasket over an existing gasket without realizing it!

I powered up the machine, locked in a portafilter WITH basket, and it sealed just fine. I've pulled two shots and although I'm still figuring out parameters on this new machine, they were already quite drinkable! Thanks again to everyone for the guidance, especially Jonathan!
LMWDP #435

LObin

#37: Post by LObin »

Ceramic fiber blanket insulated boiler. Pstat cycle is something like 20s on, 4.5 min off.
LMWDP #592

Advertisement

#38: Post by [creative nickname] (original poster) »

That's a nice modification!
LMWDP #435