Spark and not heating anymore - Page 2

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
DaveC

#11: Post by DaveC »

I strongly suspect you toasted the SSR.

parsa_taheri (original poster)

#12: Post by parsa_taheri (original poster) »

This is the only thing I could find across the internet that is not for Alex duetto v2 or after. Since it doesn't specify which generation, I assume it's for the v1.Image

DaveC

#13: Post by DaveC »

That's definitely the V1 schematic, as it has a single SSR for the PID to brew boiler, And a pressurestat to a Relay controlling the service boiler.

The OP best move would be to test/replace the SSR.

#14: Post by parsa_taheri (original poster) »

Ok Ill give it a try. Could you provide a link, part number or compatible SSR that I can purchase? Thanks

#15: Post by parsa_taheri (original poster) »

I also have access to a v2 Izzo Alex duetto. It belongs to a friend of mine and he has offered to help. I could maybe ask to take out the SSR from his machine and replace it with my own and if that fixes it I'll know what to get. Is there a chance that would cause damage to the good SSR?

BaristaBoy E61

#16: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

To me it looks like the SSR powers the steam boiler and RL 2 powers the brew boiler and provides the input to trigger the SSR. It also 'looks' like RL 2 might be a standard relay that is controlled by the PID, in which case it might be the PID that is defective.

There might not be any point in swapping the SSR other than from your machine to the Duetto II to prove that your SSR is OK. Your friend's SSR in your machine seems like it would of no help as RL 2 in your machine has to be functional for the SSR work.

Can you post a hi-res pic of RL 2 with all its data markings?
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

#17: Post by parsa_taheri (original poster) »

Is this RL2?

BaristaBoy E61

#18: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

parsa_taheri wrote:Is this RL2?
I don't think so. This looks like RL 3 because it has 6-wires connected. Look at the diagram and you'll see RL 2 has 4-wires attached. According to your image, imprinted into the white casing you'll see the same diagram as in the wiring diagram as RL 3.
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

#19: Post by parsa_taheri (original poster) »

This it?

luvmy40

#20: Post by luvmy40 »

That is your SSR(Solid State Relay), the good news is, if that's your problem, the replacement is readily available and not terribly expensive.

https://www.zoro.com/crydom-solid-state ... eDEALw_wcB

There are also SSRs in that form from OPTO and GORDOS.

https://www.opto22.com/products/240d45

https://www.gordosales.com/power-contro ... te-relays/