Spare parts to stock for servicing E61 groupheads

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Yamin

#1: Post by Yamin »

Hello everyone, just wanted to ask for recommendation about spare parts I should keep stocked when servicing the E61 group heads. Lately I have been getting machines with E61 groups in for service. What common issues should I expect with the group?
So I hope you give me advice on which spares (washers,gasket etc) I should keep on hand.
Thanks in advance.

randyr5
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by randyr5 »

From top to bottom
513836-T
519545 (several)

These are all plastic/rubber washers and gaskets that are most prone to wear.

Advertisement
Jeff
Team HB

#3: Post by Jeff »

Group gaskets are maintenance parts, every year or so. I'm a fan of the Cafelat silicone gaskets. Espresso Parts has them in the US and ships parts for free.

The three internal valve assemblies seem to have around a 5-year lifespan. Check the lengths as there are two different ones for one of the three valves.

A packet or tube (lifetime supply) of Dow/Molykote 111

I like the Knipex plier-wrenches for working on many things. They aren't cheap, but they tend not to slip and are compact so less likely to scratch the face of your machine. The 86-05-180 and -250 will handle an E61's typical sizes. https://www.knipex.com/index.php?id=121 ... oupID=1500

Edit: I've never had an E61 outright fail when running non-scaling water and keeping it clean, so I don't "stock" parts other than the two PTFE gaskets for the mushroom and a mushroom o-ring.

Alan Frew

#4: Post by Alan Frew »

If you're working out of the Nuova Ricambi catalogue be aware that there are at least 4 versions of the E-61, 5 if you count the Brasilia solenoid versions. They are ECM 624024, Faema Ariete, Pavoni and Vibiemme. In general you need the 2 washers for the lever and the 3 cam and washer sets. These sets are different for each group version. A couple of teflon gaskets and that's about it.

Alan

Yamin (original poster)

#5: Post by Yamin (original poster) »

Thanks so much for the replies guys!
So the three valves does not wear out so easily right? I thought of stocking the inner packing and the small o-ring of those as I can't imagine the other parts of the valve would need replacing much.
So I shall stock up on the gaskets and the o-rings for the other parts, I also am in the habit of changing out all the washer/o-rings if I remove them.

Again thanks for the help.