Shut off valve Faema Lambro

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
espressotime

#1: Post by espressotime »

Has anybody ever seen this type of shut off valve from an older type of the Zodiac group?
I can't figure out how this works.

Marcelnl

#2: Post by Marcelnl »

LMWDP #483

kitt

#3: Post by kitt »

I believe this is the earlier model, slightly different from the picture linked. There is only one spring, and no sealing o'ring on the lower shaft, so you need to seal the lower nut. The later model ones had an o'ring, so no sealing on the lower nut needed, made it easier to remove the nut and adjust. The two left parts are from the top of the group and control thermosyphon flow (group temp) , the rest are from the lower section and control flow into the group bore for pre infusion

espressotime (original poster)

#4: Post by espressotime (original poster) »

Ok,thanks.
But how does one control the flow in the upper part with that little pipe with the holes in it?

kitt

#5: Post by kitt »

To be honest, i'm not sure with the fittings you have - i recognise the lower section from a Urania i did, but i rarely remove the top fittings if they are working well. Usually there is a half round rod, which you can change the position to regulate the thermosysphon flow and affect group temp . There are different theories as to how well this works...

Faema Zodiaco Thermosyphon

Paul_Pratt

#6: Post by Paul_Pratt »

I just checked a machine I have with me, an EMI but essentially a Lambro. It has the same top fitting and the screen is indeed inside the hole. The most obvious thought would be that it is some kind of filter screen, but its position in the circuit would not warrant such a filter. It could also be an early flow restrictor. In the end who knows? It is a cliche but, hardly any 2 Faemas are identical, they did like to play around a lot with parts and things.

espressotime (original poster)

#7: Post by espressotime (original poster) replying to Paul_Pratt »

Thanks Paul.

Paolo

#8: Post by Paolo »

When I lower the lever on my Lambro, I get a weak flow of water.
I don't think that I have changed anything....the flow just seems to be reduced from where it was in the past.

When I turn this rod (borrowed from the picture above)-

either clockwise or anti-clockwise, there is no difference in the flow. There used to be. In the past I could set it and have a gentle flow or an extreme flow.
It seems that there is a blockage somewhere. Do any Lambro experts know where I should look?