Sanremo Cube v group head pressure over 14bar

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.

#1: Post by 824550214 »

hi, I bought a Sanremo Cube v which is vibration pump.the issue is pump pressure. When I made the espresso shot, the pressure was around 14bars. Otherwise the flow is really really quick, around 36gram in 8-10 seconds. If the flow is right (20 seconds around 20 gram) the pressure climbs to 14bars. The espresso shot is not creamy, but water-like. The machine do not have an opv, so I cannot change the pressure. The Sanremo said this machine pump set up as 14-15bar and it cannot change. Is that normal? I try many times but cannot make decent coffee shot. most of time I find channels as well. what can I do right now? some advcice? thank you so much!! :P :P :P

When I used a blind filter, the pressure climbed to 15bars or more.

Jeff
Team HB

#2: Post by Jeff »

Welcome!

Although vibe pumps are usually not adjustable, there should be an OPV (over-pressure valve) that is adjustable on the V model. 8-9 bars into a blind basket is a reasonable recommendation for classic espresso. If it does not, at what seems to be 2,000€, I'd return it if I could.

I'd ignore the temperature table in the manual. Conventional HX machines require manual control of brew temperature. See, for example, HX Love - Managing the Brew Temperature

824550214 (original poster)

#3: Post by 824550214 (original poster) »

I am supreise that the machine do not have an opv, but the Sanremo confirm this machine do not have an opv... it very hard to avoid channeling. I decide at an opv on it. anyone know how to do it? the machine use ulka ex5 pump, thanks

JRising
Team HB

#4: Post by JRising »

I don't know anything about the San Remo Cube, but I can see pictures of it in Google Images and I see that the V versions of it (Ulka pump) like you have cost more than $4500. It is an espresso machine with a physically closeable brew valve. It will have to have an expansion valve in it in the last section before the heat exchanger (or brew boiler) inlet. Look at it, determine if it's adjustable. If you want to take pictures of the valves and plumbing someone here will point out the expansion valve.

If the company's "Support people" are telling you that you can't adjust it, and it's truly brand new, you might want to see if you can trade it in for something from a less "Silly" company. Pardon my french. Your money is worth a lot of money. You have to decide if that machine is... Are there no other dealers in your part?

Plenty of us here on this website can help you, but you know it's actually somebody's job that they get paid for to help you. Maybe I'm just in a mood after driving all day but I'd be furious, I'd return it and buy from a different company.

Giampiero

#5: Post by Giampiero »

In effect, for such amount of money i'm really surprised, but the Cube still anyway a very expensive HX machine focused on the appearance.
I'm sorry for the OP, but if Sanremo omitted to declare such "missing feature", i would return the machine.

#6: Post by 824550214 (original poster) »

I am super agree with you, I feel bad since I bought this machine. I am in Australia, but I bought it from Italy (espresso coffee shop). I will spend more money to return it as I already paid high post and tax fee...
the shop called (espresso coffee shop) they got sh** after-sell service!! I almost call them everyday, but I got nothing helpful information. they told me the machine is right. I also sent email to offical Sanremo support and they also confirm the machine operates at 14-15 bar pressure and is fixed cannot be changed..here is some pictures inside of the machine. I really hope it can change the the pressure of the group head, if someone know where can I adjust it please point out where is it, thanks

#7: Post by 824550214 (original poster) »

by the way I paid 2800 Australia dollar including post and tax. the machine is around 2000 exclude tax and post. Therefore, the return is not good choice for me...

#8: Post by 824550214 (original poster) »

Giampiero

#9: Post by Giampiero »

The red arrow pointing the actual OPV.
★ Helpful

ira
Team HB

#10: Post by ira »

It should be not to hard to replace the OPV with an adjustable one.