Sage Smart Grinder Pro Not Grinding

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
danks

#1: Post by danks »

Hi everyone,

I recently have got a used sage smart grinder pro but it has a problem that i may need some advice to diagnose.

Everything come live when powered up but when i insert the portafilter grinder does not run through timer countdowns as it is running?

Any advice on how to diagnose or where to look or check to sort it out would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ugur

palica

#2: Post by palica »

Does it work if you press the start button on front panel?

danks (original poster)

#3: Post by danks (original poster) »

Timer starts when I press start/pause button. But no sound no grinding. :? I am sure it is not jammed as there is no sound at all.

palica

#4: Post by palica »

If it is jammed, you will have no sound.... Did you try increasing gring size (by 10 points to be sure) and pressing again, to help if a bean locks the burrs? Pretty classic situation.

danks (original poster)

#5: Post by danks (original poster) »

Unfortunately, result is same. I changed it with increment of 10, 20 even but still no sound not even a start click.
Would it be a thermal fuse on the motor itself, if there is any?

Thanks,
Ugur

palica

#6: Post by palica »

Did you try to turn the lower burr by hand to make sure it is not jammed?

danks (original poster)

#7: Post by danks (original poster) »

If it is the inner burr yes it does not rotate at all but I checked with my sage barista pro's grinder and the inmer burr on does not rotate either.

danks (original poster)

#8: Post by danks (original poster) »

If it is the inner burr yes it does not rotate at all but I checked with my sage barista pro's grinder and the inmer burr on does not rotate either.