Sage/Breville Dual Boiler very slow to reach brew pressure

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
eps0n

#1: Post by eps0n »

Hi,

I have what is essentially a sage or breville dual boiler but bought in France and (at the time) branded Riviera and Bar but (apart from brand name) is identical to Sage Dual boilers I have seen (and used) in the UK. I have had this just over 2 years (so out of guarantee) and love the coffee but did suffer the dreaded 3 beeps from the steam wand once (after a descale) which had to be repaired under guarantee.

When pulling a shot it has just started only getting up to pressure very, very slowly (taking maybe 15 seconds to get there) when before there was the pre-infusion and then a rapid rise to pressure. I also think that when back flushing the OPV release sounds less positive (but this could be my imagination).

Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this problem?. The machines are no longer sold as Riviera and bar in France, I am not sure how I am going to get this repaired or even if I may have to resort to DIY although I believe that getting parts may also be an issue. Any ideas that help me diagnose would be very welcome.

thanks

Carol