Rocket R58 Cinquantotto - ELECTRICAL PROBLEM. No power, no green light

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
CoffeeCake

#1: Post by CoffeeCake »

Hi everyone, I have a Rocket R58 Cinquantotto that's a little over 1 year old. A few days ago I turned it on and let it warm up. I purged the steam wand for about 5 seconds then I pulled the group lever up for about 5 seconds to heat up the cup and flush the head. I loaded the portafilter and lifted the lever to pull a shot and nothing happened, I noticed the green light had gone out and there was no power to the machine. I tried several times to turn the machine off and on and had no luck. I unplugged it and waited 48 hours just in case of possible internal water leakage shorting out the electronics.

I plugged it in yesterday and there was still no power or green light. I did a quick on off several times to shock the switch and nothing. I noticed I did get a flicker on the green light a couple times after several attempts to turn the machine on but that was it. I have not had any previous problems with the machine except the occasional issue reported by others that the shot clock continues to run after a shot is stopped. I have never attempted to work on an espresso machine and I'm wondering if anyone has had this issue or possible suggestions as to what I need to do. I was thinking it could be the transformer or the on off switch but I guess I would need to use a voltage meter to investigate. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.
Bring extra Carrots, that hole looks deep!

CoffeeCake (original poster)

#2: Post by CoffeeCake (original poster) »

Also, just to let everyone know I had the machine on for a couple hours warming up because I started another project that took awhile before I was able to come back to make my cap. Lol.

JRising
Team HB

#3: Post by JRising »

If the power switch feels normal, it's probably okay...
Check for power to the powerboard. and then at the secondary coil of the transformer.

#4: Post by CoffeeCake (original poster) »

This may be a foolish question but would the high limit switch cut all power to the machine or just the boiler?

#5: Post by CoffeeCake (original poster) »

I have yet to open up the machine. Lol, I should have some time to look into it next week.

BaristaBoy E61

#6: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

Have you confirmed that there is sufficient water in the reservoir to float the magnet?
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

#7: Post by CoffeeCake (original poster) »

Yes I checked the water level, also when the water is low the green light will flash and an icon that shows water drops appears where the timer is.

My problem is that the green light does not illuminate at all and there is no power to the machine that I can tell.

The machine was working fine until this happened and I have never had any problems with it in the past. I can get an occasional flicker from the green light if I turn the power switch on and off several times.

#8: Post by CoffeeCake (original poster) »

Thank you everyone for the help. I have family in for the holidays so I will be going over the machine as soon as I have some free time.

Happy holidays and happy new year to all.