Rocket Giotto Pump Runs Non-Stop ?

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
sfl

#1: Post by sfl »

Pump seems to be running non-stop when turned on. Any usual culprits ? Solenoid, pump itself ?

At first I didn't panic when the pump stopped mid shot as I figured I must have run out of water in the tank. I opened the reservoir to find it was a little less than half full. My next guess was that I mistakenly bought distilled water instead of the usual spring water but no dice there either. At that point when I lifted the lever, the machine would start VERY briefly and stop (no chance of pulling a shot). This was repeatable try after try. Doing a bit of reading I thought maybe the sensor that detects water might have had build-up on it so I took the tank out and it did have some buildup. I removed a fair bit but couldn't get the part out for thorough cleaning so I thought I'd see if it had helped before going out to get appropriate tools so I could remove it.
To my surprise, things were actually worse. Now the pump just ran non-stop when I switch it on.

Does this pattern sound familiar ?

JRising
Team HB

#2: Post by JRising »

Is it trying to fill the boiler?
Ground the probe for 6 seconds and see if the pump stops. If so, find out where the blockage is that prevents the pump from filling the boiler so the thing can work properly. (Potentially the boiler fill valve)