Rocket Giotto Premium Plus - Very long time before water comes out of grouphead - Page 3

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
orbarya (original poster)

#21: Post by orbarya (original poster) »

Hi again!

I got the parts I ordered and disassembled the three valves. The mushroom looks in terrible shape:

I will try to place in 50:50 hot water and white vinegar as someone suggested here for 15 minutes, or should I use something else?

The inside of the group head where the mushroom sits also looks in bad shape:
before scrubbing:

after scrubbing:

still I need suggestions on how to clean it

What other parts should I descale before re-assembling the machine?

The springs I ordered don't seem to look like the existing springs:
The 3 left springs are the old springs, the left most one is the one from the cam lever, the middle one is at the top where the mushroom is and the right one is from the drain. The next 4 are the new ones I got, can I use any of them to replace any of the old ones?

Jeff, you wrote the following
* Mushroom upper cap gasket (smaller, often PTFE)
* Mushroom cap gasket (larger, often PTFE)
* Mushroom o-ring
* Two packing washers on the lever shaft
* The gasket inside of the lever assembly (often PTFE and often the same as the larger, cap gasket)
* Exhaust snout gasket (often PTFE and the same as the larger, cap gasket)
* Exhaust outlet gasket (often PTFE, medium size)
But I'm actually having a hard time understanding where each one of these is located exactly
Can you or anyone else use the terms used in this exploded view to help me understand where these parts are?
https://shopify-er.s3.amazonaws.com/res ... +Group.pdf

Jeff
Team HB

#22: Post by Jeff »

I think a lot of what you're seeing is loss of chrome plating, which is pretty common. It exposes the underlying brass, which then gets an oxide coating. Scale is a deposit, usually rough, anywhere from a little, raised dot, to barnacle-like encrustation. Removal of scale is usually done with a food-safe, mildly acidic solution, such as diluted citric acid or vinegar. Several threads on that, such as How do I descale my espresso machine? and Water, Scaling and Descaling with HX espresso machines?

From your chart:

* (2) Mushroom upper cap gasket (smaller, often PTFE)
* (7) Mushroom cap gasket (larger, often PTFE)
* (6) Mushroom o-ring
* (26) Two packing washers on the lever shaft
* (7) The gasket inside of the lever assembly (often PTFE and often the same as the larger, cap gasket)
* (7) Exhaust snout gasket (often PTFE and the same as the larger, cap gasket)
* (18) Exhaust outlet gasket (often PTFE, medium size)