Rocket Giotto Evoluzione V1 - very noisy rotary pump - Page 2

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
jubarim (original poster)

#11: Post by jubarim (original poster) »

Oh, I missed an email from Andrew, I only saw it today:
Sorry just I listened to the video... I do not think the pump and boiler are touching and the noise is not overly loud in my opinion. Without having the machine here I would suggest leaving things as they are and see what happens or if you want perhaps try a new pump but without the machine it is difficult to be 100% sure

Regards

Andrew
So I guess I will really leave things as they are. Getting a new pump here in Brazil will be very expensive, dollar and Euro are prohibitive these days...

What are you going to do altiplano? Has your machine always been noisy?

Giampiero

#12: Post by Giampiero »

jubarim,

does the pump make the same noise even when only refilling the boiler?
It seems a noise like cavitation, it's happen when the pump inlet suck less water than it should.

Advertisement

#13: Post by jubarim (original poster) replying to Giampiero »

Yes, the same noise... And it happens with the tank full or almost empty.

Do you think its a valid test to make it suck water from an external gallon?

altiplano

#14: Post by altiplano »

Mine is a similar sound. It's seems louder when refilling the boiler vs. pulling a shot.

The comment about cavitation is something hadn't thought of. I believe rotary pumps do perform better with a head pressure on the inlet from the mains... I have always intended to plumb mine in but have managed to put it off... Perhaps another reason to get it done.

#15: Post by jubarim (original poster) replying to altiplano »

Hmm that's interesting (In my case I don't think I will have the authorization from my wife :? )

How old is your machine? It looks like the first models had this noise issue. Mine was built in 2010.

jasonmolinari

#16: Post by jasonmolinari »

cavitation is the first thing that came to mind for me. Make sure there are no blockages or kinked lines between the pump and the tank.