Rocket Giotto Evo R / Mazzer Mini E Repairs and AC mod

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
tinytent

#1: Post by tinytent »

Hello forum!

I've just moved from Singapore to Japan, and the in power voltage is only 100V here. I'm currently using a step up transformer, but eventually I would like to replace the power module with a 100V one.

Another issue I'm having is the chassis inside the Giotto is slightly bent, and I would like to replace it, but I can only find it on coffeeparts.com.au[0], and they don't ship to Japan. Are there any shops like this ships internationally?

Thanks for reading,

Chuen

--
[0]: https://www.coffeeparts.com.au/parts-by ... chassis-v1

kitt

#2: Post by kitt »

Going from 230 volts to 100, will be quite a job, not just the control board. You'll likely need control board, all solenoids, heating element, pump motor as well as possibly, lights and switches, and maybe even new wiring harness . I'd just stick with using the transformer if you can .
The chassis usually just bends at the front section, if that is all, you can usually remove the section under the drip tray, and bend it back into shape . It's quite a major job to replace the whole chassis as well as a voltage conversion . You may have been better to sell it before you left and bought a new machine upon arrival

BaristaBoy E61

#3: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

+1 to the above post.

If the machine operates as before with the step-up transformer, I'd just hide it to think about it less.
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"