Rocket Cellini Evoluzione - How to replace steam tap?

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Greg79

#1: Post by Greg79 »

Hi all,

I have a Rocket Cellini Evoluzione V2 machine and a couple of days ago, my wife called in panic as the knob of the steam tap came off... We managed to collect all parts but are unable to fix it! Basically, we can screw the knob back on but it no longer opens the steam wand to release steam (when unscrewing, it just falls off)... :cry:

Tried to mount it as shown on exploded views but it is not holding together... Am having issues fixing the piece circled in red.

Does anyone know how to fix this?? Does this require a replacement?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help with this...
Greg,

See pictures:

Advertisement
Giampiero

#2: Post by Giampiero »

Hi and welcome on HB.
You have to replace the whole shaft, the part you circled in red is part of the shaft that got worn by friction, not a separate part.
If you want to do it by yourself just watch this video.

homeburrero
Team HB

#3: Post by homeburrero »

There was a groove in that brass rod for the circlip, and the rod broke off at the groove. The circled bit is what broke off. You need a new valve rod. Your part breakdown doesn't show it but it should be available from Rocket or a Rocket spare parts supplier. I recently got one from Rocket USA, Rocket Steam Hot Water Valve Rod Part # R229905177 for around $12.

When dealing with these you need to remove the circlip before attempting to fully unscew the plastic knob - if you don't remove the clip and unscrew forcefully it will break off the end of the pin just like this. When assembling you need to screw the knob in fully and then clip the circlip on. Can be a little fiddly but doable. I used a very skinny needlenose plier to get the clip positioned.

P.S.
Here's a breakdown showing that rod, also shows how the the collar, washer, and circlip inside the knob go together:

Pat
nínádiishʼnahgo gohwééh náshdlį́į́h

Greg79 (original poster)

#4: Post by Greg79 (original poster) »

Hello Giampiero,

This is great news!! I am so grateful for your reply; thank you so much. I will watch the video just now and check if I can find the spare part from Rocket directly.

You have a great day ahead!

Cheers,
Greg

Greg79 (original poster)

#5: Post by Greg79 (original poster) »

Hello Homeburrero,

This is great news too!! I am so grateful for your reply; thank you so much. Thanks for the explanation on how to mount it back on, sounds like this last part is the most tricky. I will check if I can find the spare part from Rocket directly and give it a shot!

You have a great day ahead!

Cheers,
Greg