Restoring Nuova Simonelli MAC 2000V Single Group - Page 3

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
a.b1ns

#21: Post by a.b1ns »

I'm enjoying the thread. Dumb question here, but I bought a NS Personal 1, a very similar machine to the mac, and i cant' figure out how to get the body panels off. Mind running me through how you got your stripped down?

TIA

AB

Hilltop

#22: Post by Hilltop »

I have a Nuova Mac2000 with pump issues. Working fine, went into storage for 2 months and now, when I turn it on, the pump runs until it auto shuts off with a beeping error sound. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Advertisement
Bmccall (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#23: Post by Bmccall (original poster) replying to Hilltop »

Did your water level sensor get unplugged by accident?

nirdvorai

#24: Post by nirdvorai »

Hilltop wrote:I have a Nuova Mac2000 with pump issues. Working fine, went into storage for 2 months and now, when I turn it on, the pump runs until it auto shuts off with a beeping error sound. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Did you get a drip of water in the drain cup when you turn on the machine?

My Personal 1 had a clog at the junction of the inlet tube (see attached photo) that prevent the water to fill the boiler.
I soaked the tube over night in vinegar and then push inside a pipe cleaner (the one you get with reusable straw).
It realised the clog.

Hilltop

#25: Post by Hilltop »

Thanks for those suggestions! The water level sensor is still connected. Maybe the sensor has failed? For $20 that's an easy option to replace. And I'll try looking for a clog in the fill line as suggested. I"m hoping for one of those fixes otherwise it might be a $175 pump.Thanks so much and I'll report back!