Restoring Nuova Simonelli MAC 2000V Single Group - Page 2

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Bmccall (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by Bmccall (original poster) »

SouL Master wrote:Keep going .. U have the needed :D
mammamia wrote:Exiting project! plz go on. Your technique and passion are delightful to a lot of folks here(including me absolutely)
Thank you!

Supporter ♡

#12: Post by Bmccall (original poster) »

I figured by the time that I decided to put the machine back together I would probably have forgotten where each one of the pipes went so I made sure to label every single part. I then printed off another copy of the parts diagram and labeled each one of the fittings using the letters of the alphabet. I then transferred the letters to the appropriate fitting using an engraver.

Supporter ♡

#13: Post by Bmccall (original poster) »

I began reassembling the machine this weekend...

All of the plumbing and electrical is back in place so I was able to perform a leak test. I hooked the the water line up to the machine and turned the water lines valve on to introduce water pressure into the machines system. Everything appeared to be fine but I started to notice a small stream of water coming from the flow meter. It appears to be between the top electrical cap and the metal body. Go figure, the ONE o-ring that I overlooked is leaking. I ordered a new o-ring, so fingers crossed it fixes the issue.

jyl

#14: Post by jyl »

I love seeing this! That's such a nice machine.
John, Portland OR
Vintage bicycles, Porsche/VW, cooking, old houses.

Supporter ♡

#15: Post by Bmccall (original poster) »

I received the o-ring for the flow meter and that seemed to stop the leak. So after I was able to confirm that the flow meter wasn't leaking I brought the machine up to operating temperature for another test. I ran it through it passes and everything appeared to be working great. This is when I noticed a very very small puddle of water under the water pump, ugh oh! Upon closer inspection I noticed that the water was coming out of the pump's weep whole. That typically means that a seal inside the pump has failed, bummer!!

Time to investigate...

Welp, sure enough, one of the seals was shot and it took the bearing out with it.

Time to order a new pump. I shopped around and found a good price, but they are on a 2ish week backorder. I suppose I will have to wait another couple of weeks before I'm sipping espresso out of this beauty.

Jasper_8137

#16: Post by Jasper_8137 »

Awesome job Brandon!
I'm in Denver as well and if it's the machine that was listed a few weeks ago, that was a great score!

Supporter ♡

#17: Post by Bmccall (original poster) replying to Jasper_8137 »

Thank you!

I forgot to update the post, but I finished up the restoration and sold the machine to a guy that is starting a mobile cafe.

ZSJAF

#18: Post by ZSJAF »

That is awesome! Nice work sir.

Sullo

#19: Post by Sullo »

great info there, and great idea alphabetising all the conenctions,
also like the custom tool, Im having issue with mine same place!

Honde_Valley

#20: Post by Honde_Valley »

I bought a similar machine last week and looking forward to disassembling and deep cleaning it, though this will be my first time working on an espresso machine. It looks almost new inside with a stainless steel boiler but I think I have a challenge with the grouphead too since it's dirty inside and probably needs a new gasket, also the portafilter moves to the far right when inserted. I'll follow up on your old posts whenever i need help.