Restoring/Modding La Spaziale Professionale DB - Page 3

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
RistrettoCapp (original poster)

#21: Post by RistrettoCapp (original poster) »

WOW, Ok, it's been a few since I've updated this thread and there's been several changes along the way.. I'll post some updates on those changes.

The first change was that I installed an electro-valve and momentary-off-on toggle for the steam.. so, a press down gives you a momentary purge of the steam wand, toggling it up turns it on. Works great and steams like a monster! Perfect, silky milk every single time. I LOVE IT.

Video of steam valve switch

Here is a pic of the elctrovalve, it fits right in place and works great. I really like the added speed and engaging the steam and don't miss the knob at all!

#22: Post by RistrettoCapp (original poster) »

Another change was with the ESP32 based Timer/Display... there was too much EMF interference from the motor and solenoids for the ESP32 so I have decided not to add it to the front panel. Instead, there is a La Spaziale logo that covers that opening, so it can be revisited at a later time, maybe with a less sensitive board.

** NOTE: the top panel is not in place, as I was taking pics of the internals when I took this pic - it usually sits flat and warms our cups. :D

#23: Post by RistrettoCapp (original poster) »

I also finished up adding the Barista lights, using the brackets I designed and had Send Cut Send make for it.
The brackets bolt right to the frame or boiler mounts and allowed me to hide 4 LEDs to light the work area. They're aren't annoyingly bright and do a great job of illuminating the work area.

They provide light across the drip tray but are more focused close to the espresso shot - allowing for great visibility when pulling shots

With the Barista Lights OFF

With them ON:

#24: Post by RistrettoCapp (original poster) »

I moved the PID from the front panel, during the last front panel layout redesign, into a project box inside the machine. It really rarely needs to be adjusted and it still accessible by removing the top panel.. so, outta sight == looks better and still easy to adjust.

#25: Post by RistrettoCapp (original poster) »

To all those that followed, commented and encouraged this build, thank you.

As an update, I'm the proud owner of a Dallas Corte Mini that is about to under similar refurb treatment!!

It's a double boiler design with the brew boiler directly mounted to the group head.. supposedly very temp stable.
I'll be upgrading the pump, wiring, electronics (flow meter, etc) ... Should be fun!!

I'll start a new thread for that ... So keep your eyes open if your interested.

stuartmac

#26: Post by stuartmac »

That looks awesome, i just got a free Vivaldi s1 that i was thinking needed some mods

#27: Post by RistrettoCapp (original poster) »

The Vivaldi is a great lil machine! You'll have fun modding it. Make sure to create a post and share the pics and progress!!