Restoration of a Gyro Super... - Page 2

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Vakse Viggo (original poster)

#11: Post by Vakse Viggo (original poster) »

wsfarrell wrote:Do you use needle files for sharpening the burrs, or.....?
Hi Bill

I only used Silicone Carbide Electro Coated wet sanding paper, first with grid 800 and then finished off with grid 1000...all done by hand. It takes some time, but that way I have more control.

wsfarrell

#12: Post by wsfarrell replying to Vakse Viggo »

Thanks!

#13: Post by Vakse Viggo (original poster) »

Finally back on track with the Gyro project...

Motor and Grind Chamber are back together, and the Base got a nice shine inside.

mammamia

#14: Post by mammamia »

That is a thing of beauty. I wish I had fantastic skill and knowledge like yours! I saw your previous project and final work flow. Is there retension concern with this big size(beast) grinders with single dose? I really want to take a look at your master piece in nake eyes. :D

#15: Post by Vakse Viggo (original poster) replying to mammamia »

Thanks Ethan

On the Caravel deLuxe, the retension was very low when I used it for single dosing for my espresso. It sometimes even hit zero retension. It will be standing on the counter in a coffee shop soon, making filter brew...but before then, I will have to test it out so I am sure it's up for the task. The burrs have been changed quite a bit from the originals, as you can see.

I have not yet had the chance to play with the Gyro...but I am sure it will preforn nicely for filter, aropress, french press and so on....time will tell.

mammamia

#16: Post by mammamia »

Wow, zero retention, that is a surprise for me. I am using Macap M4 modded as doserless(by me). It would take at least one minute of brushing, poking, air blowing and three times of power on-off, which is a reason for using foot switch with hands-free action, to pursue the unicorn called zero retention. I am happy to hear that your Caravel deLuxe is working so well. I believe the second one will do the same. Customers would be very impressed once they see the beautifully restored coffee grinder. Well crafted old good machines are one of my favorites. Plz Keep posting!