Rancilio Epoca 2 leak - Page 2

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
rohini85 (original poster)

#11: Post by rohini85 (original poster) »

Thanks everyone again, I was able to make progress and adjust the pressure. If i set the machine to 9bar of pressure my shots are too fast (almost 80-90ml in 30secs). If i go as high as 12 bar the extraction definitely slows down to 45ml in 30secs. Anything beyond the OPV kicks in and gushes water as a jet. My grinder (grindmaster 875) is on its finest setting and i have tried a couple of different beans.

I had taken everything apart recently and cleaned it with vinegar so i am confident that there is no buildup anywhere in the system.

amateurdad

#12: Post by amateurdad »

That sounds like your grinders ability to grind fine enough is prohibitive. The machine seems to be doing its job correctly.

Can you get a more finely ground coffee from somewhere to try?

JRising
Team HB

#13: Post by JRising »

rohini85 wrote:Thanks everyone again, I was able to make progress and adjust the pressure. If i set the machine to 9bar of pressure my shots are too fast (almost 80-90ml in 30secs). If i go as high as 12 bar the extraction definitely slows down to 45ml in 30secs. Anything beyond the OPV kicks in and gushes water as a jet. My grinder (grindmaster 875) is on its finest setting and i have tried a couple of different beans.

I had taken everything apart recently and cleaned it with vinegar so i am confident that there is no buildup anywhere in the system.
Quit messing around with the machine and fix the grinder. If at it's "Finest setting" it can't choke a machine, then the grinder is poorly calibrated, way too dull, inadequate, out of alignment or broken.