Quickmill Andreja Premium leak repair

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
marko7

#1: Post by marko7 » Nov 08, 2019, 6:59 pm

I've received some parts to fix some other minor issues. The large Brass nut that the heat exchange is connected to is the source of the leak. I now have some loctite 567 to apply to the fitting after removing it. My question is...how do I get more clearance between the connection to the heat exchange and the nut itself. I have loosened the bottom of the boiler nut to move the boiler slightly but I need some more clearance. Does that heat exchange pipe to the group head move? I wish to avoid removing the boiler.Image

Avaloche

#2: Post by Avaloche » Nov 09, 2019, 9:23 am

You can try talking to a tech guy right from the factory - they do speak English.

stanp

#3: Post by stanp » Nov 09, 2019, 5:22 pm

wild guess:
possibly saw the brass off so that there is a just a threaded tube remaining; make a new sub manifold from common brass fittings that connects to both feeds that will now go to the existing hole with clearance or use the new clearance to fashion a solution. cap the now empty hole if needed.
first, send a polite email to the factory indicating the problem with their engineering of this one connection.