Quick Mill Silvano Evo Broken Water Line Connection

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Ryjojojo

#1: Post by Ryjojojo »

Hello All,

I'm looking for some advice on repairing my Silvano Evo. Recently, while backflushing, water started pouring out from the frame of the machine, and upon removing the case I discovered that a brass connection for the water line had sheared. I don't have a local repair shop, but the repair looks relatively simple, provided I'm able to source the part. I've included a photo if the damaged connection and would love it if anybody can point me in the right direction, or provide some advice for doing the fix.

Thanks,
Ryan

*EDIT*I should add that the connection fed into the nut in the picture.

Jeff
Team HB

#2: Post by Jeff »

I'm not certain, but that looks like the priming valve.

Pump? OPV? Check Valves? Wit's end!

It may be https://www.chriscoffee.com/products/ai ... tory-pumps

Chris Coffee's parts/service team has always been very helpful for me in making sure I got the right part without buying what I didn't need.

Ryjojojo (original poster)

#3: Post by Ryjojojo (original poster) »

Thanks for the info! I'll look into it and contact Chris' coffee. Also, I should have noted in the original post, but this valve is downstream of what appears to be the pump, if that helps with diagnosis at all.

Ryjojojo (original poster)

#4: Post by Ryjojojo (original poster) »

I've confirmed from a parts diagram that it is the quick release air valve. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

ira
Team HB

#5: Post by ira »

I can only find one half of the broken connection in your pictures. The only issue I see might be removing the other half of the broken piece which is what I can't find, assuming the part in the first picture connected to the tube with a ty-wrap is the broken piece.

JRising
Team HB

#6: Post by JRising » replying to ira »

Jeff had it in the first response. The "bubbler" side of the priming valve was broken off. Jeff even included a link to it on Chris Coffee.