Quick Mill Andreja Heater Element Wiring - Page 2

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
QM Al (original poster)

#11: Post by QM Al (original poster) »

Thanks for your response. Yes I bought this machine used, however, the previous owner said he received the machine in lieu of money he was owed. In hindsight it's a major red flag about the service history of the machine. There are cables that are numbered and labelled in suggesting it has previously been taken apart, and likely put back together incorrectly (missing SSR/finder relay and the high limit switch compared to diagram below).

Here is what I received from Chris Coffee.

Thankyou for you for posting those pictures and explaining the mounting of the limit switch, I can't see any imprints near the ground screw. I think ill be able to swap the position of the water probe, anti-vac and pressure relief to clear the main switch wiring. I think about taking it into a shop to get a price to get it fixed. If too dear I'll have a go a re-wiring myself using the diagram above.

slipchuck

#12: Post by slipchuck »

I would opt to have someone with experience wire it up
Better then possibly ruining something else

Randy
“There is nobody you can’t learn to like once you’ve heard their story.”

nahau

#13: Post by nahau »

slipchuck wrote:I would opt to have someone with experience wire it up
Better then possibly ruining something else

Randy
I have to agree with Randy on this. Given what your machine is, it would be possible to "upgrade" your machine to run a generation (or two) newer by adding a few components, etc, but even for someone with experience, special care needs to be taken. Without machine documentation, or specs, things can get hairy if say, you put in the wrong spec'd safety parts. I will try to contact Chris Coffee tomorrow by phone and ask if they have the correct documentation for your machine generation.

QM Al (original poster)

#14: Post by QM Al (original poster) »

Thanks to both of you. I had contacted Chis Coffee and they have gone to Quick Mill directly for information on this particular machine. In the meantime, I have dropped it off at a local coffee repair shop for a technician to provide a quote. I bought this for $400 AUD and the shop owner thought it was a fair price for a non-working machine, we'll see if I come out ahead or behind. Another shop had the same model advertised for $1,950 in used condition.

nahau

#15: Post by nahau »

Good news! Keep us updated on your progress. Hopefully you'll get your machine running soon! Good luck!