Profitec Pro 700 - no steam, no hot water

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
linjan

#1: Post by linjan »

hi everyone, i'm new here and i used pro700 for 5 years, brew boiler looks ok,
i can make espresso at 9bar, but the steam temperature heating stuck at 101 degree and still 0bar,
recently i use urnex dezcal to descale machine, does anyone have this issue and solved? which part is broken? thanks

bridge

#2: Post by bridge »

Vacuum relief valve- easy fix.

linjan (original poster)

#3: Post by linjan (original poster) replying to bridge »

thank you for help, i will try it
this one right?

Giampiero

#4: Post by Giampiero »

Yes, as wrote by "bridge" you have to replace the vacuum breaker valve.
The steam that come from the spout near the grill, it coming from the vacuum breaker valve that did not seals, so the water temp will remain at the boiling temp, but the heating element will remain powered on continuously.

Giampiero

#5: Post by Giampiero »

linjan wrote:thank you for help, i will try it
this one right?
yes

linjan (original poster)

#6: Post by linjan (original poster) »

Giampiero wrote:Yes, as wrote by "bridge" you have to replace the vacuum breaker valve.
The steam that come from the spout near the grill, it coming from the vacuum breaker valve that did not seals, so the water temp will remain at the boiling temp, but the heating element will remain powered on continuously.
thank you for explain, i just bought breaker valve and replaced but still no steam and heating speed is so weird slow, please help~

Giampiero

#7: Post by Giampiero »

If with the new vacuum breaker valve the issue persist, probably the SSR is defective.
Maybe the first diagnosis was incorrect, i did not consider that if a SSR is defective it will not heat up the boiler enough to produce enough steam/pressure to make the vacuum breaker valve to seal.
If you can locate the steam boiler SSR, the definitive test could be swap the SSR, so you can verify it without doubt. :wink:

linjan (original poster)

#8: Post by linjan (original poster) replying to Giampiero »

Sincerely thank you for reply , i will try it :)

Giampiero

#9: Post by Giampiero »

i found a photo from another thread, that is a profitec 700, so the SSR are in the right side of the machine.
You only need to swap the wires, the couple i circled in red are the signal from the PID the couple i circled in blue are the live wire of the heating element, i don't know which one is the SSR of the steam boiler, but should be the SSR that is missed in the photo due to the photo author had problem as well with the steam boiler SSR.
Hoping your machine to back in business asap.

linjan (original poster)

#10: Post by linjan (original poster) replying to Giampiero »

:wink: i just swap the 2 ssr from left and right
still the same issue, no idea now