Profitec Pro 600 legs flex

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
BrewMaster

#1: Post by BrewMaster »

I just received my Profitec Pro 600 and when I pulled it straight out of the box into my kitchen countertop, I noticed a flex on both front legs/feet (specially the right leg, as can be seen in the picture). Later, I attempted to completely detach both legs and attach them back in again several times, however, the issue was still ongoing...

I believe the legs themselves are just fine as I inspected them and interchanged their places, yet the right leg is still tilted more than the left one. Hence, I'm starting to guess the internal threads to be causing the problem, or could it be? I'd appreciate any tips or if anyone who had a similar issue to share their story and how they fixed it.

jrham12

#2: Post by jrham12 »

Adnan,

Welcome to Home-Barista! if you swapped the Left and Right feet and the right one is still tilted, I would guess that the metal gusset welded into the frame (where the threaded insert is) is slightly bent... Maybe from the unit being dropped in shipping...

Assuming everything else (side panels, drip tray, etc.) lines up properly, maybe see if you can use an adjustable wrench to slightly bend the center of the gusset back down? (If you take the drip tray out, I am talking about the triangular piece that is welded into the corner of the frame which I would expect to be flat... Maybe post a picture of the inside of that corner with the drip tray removed compared to the left side?)

If you have other things that don't like up like the fit of the drip tray or gaps in the side panels, then it might be that the frame is slightly bent...

Josh

BrewMaster (original poster)

#3: Post by BrewMaster (original poster) replying to jrham12 »

Hello Josh

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I believe you're right, the issue seems to be caused by the metal gusset welded into the frame.
Despite that, the frame including the drip tray and side panels all seem to be robust and fine.

I'm not sure though if it's safe to bend the gusset back down with an adjustable wrench as it might break while doing so.

jrham12

#4: Post by jrham12 »

I wouldn't be too concerned with breaking it; the gusset area is likely carbon steel and is not welded in; just a formed solid piece... But the gusset area looks to be flat so perhaps the nut was just tilted slightly when it was installed. If it was me, I would try to find a longer bolt with the same threads as the leg. Then prop up the front of the machine and apply a little leverage to the bolt (the longer bolt will allow you to apply more leverage) to see if I could get it perpendicular... Make sure the bolt is fully engaged in the threads though so they don't get damaged.

But since it is a new machine, I would check in with the vendor first to see what they would recommend...

Maybe others will have different recommendations...

omarbaha

#5: Post by omarbaha »

Hi Adnan,
how are you liking the steam wand - coming from the side? Thats the only thing I would love to mod [if there was such a thing]. Not really liking the way it is. Much prefer the traditional style wands

nahau

#6: Post by nahau »

Definitely check with the vendor/seller first. If you break it, you own it!