Profitec Pro 300 not filling with water

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
robat19

#1: Post by robat19 »

I've had this machine for about 3 months. Suddenly after pulling a shot and refilling the water tank on my machine it won't pump water. I have no experience in working on machines and am hoping this is an easy fix. Any advice would be appreciated.

MikFlores300

#2: Post by MikFlores300 »

I had a problem with this on my 300 back in the day. Hopefully it's this easy.

the water tank has a floaty thing at the bottom in the corner. When water is present it will rise and trip the sensor to let it know the tank is full. Make sure that float can move freely and oriented correctly.

robat19 (original poster)

#3: Post by robat19 (original poster) replying to MikFlores300 »

In this case was it attempting to pump water? Mine is trying but the boiler isn't filling. I should have made that more clear in my OP. My thought is that since it ran out of water during a shot that air possibly got in. I'm not sure if I'm correct in that or not. But that is when the problem arose. Whole latte love said it could be a solenoid issue but I was hoping the machine is too new for that. They said something could have gotten in the valve.

Is it possible it tried to prime itself after I refilled it and it had ran empty? Or not because that floaty thing prevents it from ever becoming completely empty.

JRising
Team HB

#4: Post by JRising »

You can take the braided hose off of the pump outlet, put a drain hose on the pump outlet(To keep the water out of the machine's innards), or just wrap the pump outlet with a towel to manage the water. Then run the pump for just 2 seconds... Does it create flow? If it draws up the water then it can reprime itself, and the problem is a blockage or bad solenoid valve preventing the boiler from filling. If the pump can not reprime itself...
You could try to forcibly prime it, either by taking the braided hose off and applying suction to the outlet of the pump while the inlet hose is in water, or by filling the inlet hose with water and using a squeeze bottle or whatever is handy to force water into the inlet while the pump is running.
Try not to run the pump for more than 20 seconds without water flowing through it without giving it a half minute cool-down in between.

If the pump can't create flow even with water in the body, replace the pump.
It's almost certainly an Ulka EAX5. It will say on the label on the metal frame of the pump.

robat19 (original poster)

#5: Post by robat19 (original poster) »

Turns out there was something in the filter before the pump causing water to not be able to flow. I forced some water through the pump directly and it took. So I took the filter off and blew on it and it broke free and finally let water through.