Problems with new VBM Domobar Super Electronic [SOLVED]

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
junda

#1: Post by junda »

Update: finally figured out it's a relay not even in schematics. looks like vbm used a wrong model that expects 18v but control box only outputs 5v. unbelievable. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Just received the machine yesterday, after power on a couple minutes the screen shows
REFILLING ALARM
Switch off and on the machine to complete the filling action

I did it several times but still same error.
Water tank is full and bottom knob points to Tank. There is no pump sound at all after turn it on. I opened the case and did see some water in the tube from tank but not moving. Contacted dealer and still waiting for response.

would appreciate any advice what to do to find the problem. Thanks!

cafeIKE
Supporter ❤

#2: Post by cafeIKE »

You could try cycling the tank / plumbed lever a couple of times and pull and reseat the tank a couple of times.

If you feel comfortable taking the cover off, try jiggling wires connected to the tank sensor.

See if you can find out the latest firmware revision and check vs yours. FWIW, I tried one of those machines and it was somewhat flaky. Also found that it was possible to wipe under the machine and inadvertently move the reservoir switch.

junda (original poster)

#3: Post by junda (original poster) »

thanks! I took the cover off and notice some air bubbles in the tube, could it be air lock?
with air lock, should the pump make some noise or completely silent?

Giampiero

#4: Post by Giampiero »

Does this machine have a water supply selection from the touch screen?

cafeIKE
Supporter ❤

#5: Post by cafeIKE »

No

junda (original poster)

#6: Post by junda (original poster) »

Now I've narrowed the issue to pump isn't turned on even I disconnect the water level probe. After press the power button, I can hear a click sound (should be the relay?) but nothing else. Would greatly appreciate any idea what to check next. Thanks!

control box

schematic

junda (original poster)

#7: Post by junda (original poster) »

control box internal for future reference

maximatica
Supporter ♡

#8: Post by maximatica »

Did you just buy this machine?

Your title says "New".

If so, you really should be talking with the reseller and not futzing around with a forum.

Right now, you have a problem that would be covered by a warranty.

Once you muck around inside the machine you have walked out onto the lake on your own.

HTH

junda (original poster)

#9: Post by junda (original poster) »

it's new but the reseller is slow in support and instructions from VBM were basically check water level probe.

junda (original poster)

#10: Post by junda (original poster) »

Giampiero wrote:Does this machine have a water supply selection from the touch screen?
there is a knob at bottom of machine for tank or tap. and a little switch at bottom to bypass empty tank