Problem with Oster PrimaLatte (One Touch)

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
dhuddleson

#1: Post by dhuddleson »

I have an Oster Prima Latte (also sold as Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista) that is about 5-6 years old. I clean it as required and it has worked well. However I have a failure now for about 3 months that is more an annoyance than total failure...

For those who may not know, this is a simple machine sometimes referred to as "One Touch" brewing. Separate buttons for Espresso, Cappuccino or Latte, and the machine has some timer intelligence to switch between the coffee and milk functions.... Well, the "timer" part seems to have failed on mine. If I press any of those buttons for the 3 coffee types, the hot water starts into the coffee grains but will NOT stop automatically (until safety limit reached, and all 3 lights flash). I can manually push the button to stop the water flow, and that works. Then if I want a Cappuccino, I press and hold the second button... let it run until it steams as much milk as I want. So yes I can make it "work"... but requires intervention.

But, can I fix it??? Who knows which component has failed (no repair manuals!)? I am not afraid to open up small appliances like this, but when there seem to be zero diagnostic/repair guides anywhere, it is frustrating to know a simple component needs to be replaced but no information to identify it. Is it a valve, a relay, a ????? I have nowhere to determine. Thank you for any pointers or suggestions.

Here is an example of what this machine looks like: https://www.oster.ca/en_CA/coffee-and-k ... S-033.html

dhuddleson (original poster)

#2: Post by dhuddleson (original poster) »

Nobody has any suggestion? :?

No diagnostic manuals or comprehensive parts suppliers?