Plumb-in fitting help - Page 2

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
stefano65
Sponsor

#11: Post by stefano65 »

Never mind I tried one the diameter is slightly larger to fit in
in the other hand I tried a 10mm tube to the normal JG and appears to actually fit and go it,
PS you would be surprise out much retrofitting was happening with brewer and espresso machines back in the days of fully installing restaurants, carts etc etc,
the key was to have many many parts and pieces all in your various tool boxes to trial and error..
oh well
ciao
Stefano Cremonesi
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repairs & sales from Oregon.

cuppajoe (original poster)

#12: Post by cuppajoe (original poster) »

Thanks Stefano -

Think I'll just order the stuff from FWS and see how it goes. What's irritating is a lot of this would have been rendered moot if the US had converted to metric back in the 60's as planned.
David - LMWDP 448

My coffee wasn't strong enough to defend itself - Tom Waits

cuppajoe (original poster)

#13: Post by cuppajoe (original poster) »

Fresh Water Systems had the solution and are good folks to deal with.

Luckily they indicated both ID and OD specs for their tubing so it was relatively easy to figure out what to order, which were the materials I listed in the previous post.

The tubing was such a tight fit on the adaptor that I used a heat gun to soften the tubing to get it over the barb. When it cooled and shrank it formed a very tight bond.

And here's the two step up adaptors installed on the regulator.

The assembly plugged in between the water line and the stainless hose feeding the machine. No leaks or sign of things loosening up under mains pressure. Unfortunately I forgot to bring my camera, so no pics of the completed install of the Velox at this time. The machine passed the initial stress tests and seemed to be operating as it should. 1 bar water pressure was enough to feed the boiler during use. Will get more pics and complete the thread about the rebuild.
David - LMWDP 448

My coffee wasn't strong enough to defend itself - Tom Waits

ira
Team HB

#14: Post by ira »

Metric tubing seems to be common in industrial air lines. When I acquired my soldering robot, I had to figure this out as all the air lines are metric. Automationdirect.com has a good selection of metric tubing and fittings.

Ira