Pasquini Livia 90 - no power after repair

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Miles

#1: Post by Miles »

Hello,

I'm hoping that some Livia 90 owners might be able to lend some help here. I just replaced my 3-way solenoid valve. Other than not being able to backflush properly, the machine was working. The new valve Pasquini sent me is much bigger than the original. They said it would fit, but that I would have to disconnect several pipes to make it happen. That involved disconnecting the pipe from the grouphead. In order to get the wrench in there properly, I disconnected the wires going to the power button and the boiler light. I think I may have reconnected them incorrectly. Now, the machine doesn't power on at all. No light, no relay click, no heating element, nothing. So I'm hoping that people can share some good photos of how their power switches are wired up. Mine has 4 terminals, but only 3 of them are connected - one to a black wire, and the other two to blue wires, with one terminal left disconnected.

Aside from that, are there any other known issues that could cause this particular symptom? I double-checked for loose connections all over the machine, and couldn't find any. The tank has water in it. Any help and/or photos would be appreciated. My machine was made circa 2000, and the color scheme for wiring seems to be somewhat different from what I've found in the Bezzera documentation.

hankbates

#2: Post by hankbates »

Here's a good link to a Bezzera BZ99 wiring diagram (semi auto model) which is essentially the same as your Livia 90
https://coffeesnobs.com.au/forum/equipm ... ng-diagram
Both switches on the front of your machine are DPST and need 4 wires.
Some people rescue dogs and cats, I like to rescue Livias…

Miles (original poster)

#3: Post by Miles (original poster) replying to hankbates »

Thank you. I double-checked and there was another black wire that had retracted into the red jacket for the cable bundle. It turns on now.