Painting/Coloring a Tamper?

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Valo_Soul

#1: Post by Valo_Soul »

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with changing the look of their tamper? I'm purchasing a Decent Tamper V2, and would love to make it white or grey. Plastidip perhaps? I've only used it once before and had very poor results (although I'm sure it was user error, mainly).

Just curious what others have done!

Valo_Soul (original poster)

#2: Post by Valo_Soul (original poster) »

Drats - hoping for some input before my new tamper arrives :)

wsfarrell

#3: Post by wsfarrell »

If you're talking about the dark-copper color tamper, I think it would be very difficult to achieve satisfactory results with spray paint or even an airbrush. Best bet would would be to disassemble it and take the handle to a powder coater. They would media blast it and then powder coat it in the color of your choice.

jwCrema
Supporter ❤

#4: Post by jwCrema replying to wsfarrell »

+1

Valo_Soul (original poster)

#5: Post by Valo_Soul (original poster) »

wsfarrell wrote:If you're talking about the dark-copper color tamper, I think it would be very difficult to achieve satisfactory results with spray paint or even an airbrush. Best bet would would be to disassemble it and take the handle to a powder coater. They would media blast it and then powder coat it in the color of your choice.

Ok, thank you! I'll have to give that a go. Afraid to see what it'll cost though haha.