Olympia Maximatic / Coffex / Pasquini Livietta 3 Way Valve Reassembly Question

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
drgary
Team HB

#1: Post by drgary »

Hello All:

I'm rebuilding a 1990 Olympia Express Coffex that's been sitting on my parts shelf for a couple of years and mostly understand this because of Sherman's excellent servicing notes here.

During disassembly my camera failed so I don't have detailed photos. That leaves me with a question about two mystery parts. Here is everything lined up. I know where the o-rings fit and most of the other parts. But there's this tiny spring and ball bearing. Does anyone know where they go?

Here's how some of this should look when assembled. (I'm not focusing on the directional orientation but just showing what I believe is the solenoid pieced together.)

Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Eastsideloco

#2: Post by Eastsideloco »

But there's this tiny spring and ball bearing. Does anyone know where they go?
Those parts are the shut off valve for the outlet at the bottom of the water reservoir.

FWIW: Here's the orientation photo of the 3-way that I took when I had my machine apart.

drgary (original poster)
Team HB

#3: Post by drgary (original poster) »

Thank you for helping me solve the puzzle. Whew! :roll:
Gary
LMWDP#308

drgary (original poster)
Team HB

#4: Post by drgary (original poster) »

Five years later, and my Coffex has sprung a leak above the red 3-way valve. The 3-way is held in place by a small 14 mm nut from the bottom. There's an o-ring between the top of the 3-way and the heat exchanger block. I replaced the o-ring that was still flexible, tightened the bottom 14 mm nut, and it still leaks from the top of the large nut above the 3-way. Does anyone know where the leak is coming from? Is it the two small o-rings that seal the heat exchanger to the block? Here's a photo showing the leak and another showing the small o-rings. Notice the water seeping from where the nut joins the fitting that attaches to the heat exchanger block above.

Gary
LMWDP#308