Olympia Cremina replacement pressurestat option

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
farmroast

#1: Post by farmroast »

I found one of these La Cimbali Part Number 537 030 700 pressurestat new on ebay for $50. It fit and works well on one of my Creminas. They are normally very pricey but are well built in keeping with the Cremina.
LMWDP #167 "with coffee we create with wine we celebrate"

uscfroadie
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by uscfroadie »

Ed,

Can you post a picture of the installation? The p-stat looks huge by itself, but I'm sure is much smaller in reality. Also, was this a simple swap without any mods necessary?
Merle

farmroast (original poster)

#3: Post by farmroast (original poster) »

I put it on a post '82 cremina 67(with the shorter PS feeder pipe) Screwed right on, wired right up. Keeps a half inch away from boiler and a quarter inch+ from case. Looking at a pre-'82 with the longer tube it would be close where the lower flange on the boiler sticks out and the spade connector would be close to the bottom plate. I'll have to try switching it to pre-'82 to see how it fits. I assume one could sweat off the nipple and shorten the longer tube on the pre-'82s for a better fit.

LMWDP #167 "with coffee we create with wine we celebrate"

orphanespresso
Sponsor

#4: Post by orphanespresso »

Sweating off those caps (nipple) is almost impossible but the tube could be cut and a new cap and cap nut installed on the tube. Another option would be to fabricate a new tube using 6mm copper and new fittings..you could even bend the tube properly to get the stat right side up, although by the looks of it adjusting this one would be simple enough even upside down.

mborkow
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by mborkow »

$280 new...that seems sort of pricey.