Olympia Cremina cover repaint in cars bodyshop- UPDATE - Page 2

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Dev

#11: Post by Dev »

I did mine in satin white wrap I bought on Amazon. I was planing to have it powder coated but the wrap turn out well. If I get bored I can just change it easily. The best part is im not harming the original paint and probably preserving it.

nirdvorai (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by nirdvorai (original poster) »

Looking good! I love the white color, very clean and contemporary.

I wish I could also use the upgrade brass lever pins. Mine is 33mm and the seller have 24 or 28mm only.

nk

#13: Post by nk »

Contact him via his etsy store. He has made custom brass pins for a variety of machines.

Supporter ♡

#14: Post by nirdvorai (original poster) replying to nk »

Good to know, I will contact him.
Thanks

Supporter ♡

#15: Post by nirdvorai (original poster) »

Just a quick update. I covered my Cremina in orange vinyl. Gave it the 80's look.
It was a fun project! And I fill it really change my machine. It took me 3 warps to understand how to do it properly, and I still got left overs from the "example" size.
Thanks for everyone who helped and share this great idea.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#16: Post by yakster »

Looks great!
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

shawndo

#17: Post by shawndo »

nirdvorai wrote:Just a quick update. I covered my Cremina in orange vinyl. Gave it the 80's look.
It was a fun project! And I fill it really change my machine. It took me 3 warps to understand how to do it properly, and I still got left overs from the "example" size.
Thanks for everyone who helped and share this great idea.

looks great! Can you share info about your boiler cap manometer? Is the the out-of-stock one from cerini?
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra

Supporter ♡

#18: Post by nirdvorai (original poster) replying to shawndo »

Thanks guys!

Yes, it's the out-of-stock from Cerini.
I find it to be a great add on to the Cremina. It helps me to keep tracking the pressure while waiting for the machine to heat up, releasing falls pressure, timing the shot and release pressure after turn the machine on. I also think it looks cool on the Cremina. One thing I don't like about it- it's the opening and closing. It's not comfortable to hold and turn while screw it, at least not like the original cap. But I got used to that.

However, yesterday I found out about the vacuum breaker cap that got my attention. But still, as for now, I found it difficult to give up on the manometer (I just happen to like dials) and personally I think it's important to have a pressure gauge on espresso machines.

shawndo

#19: Post by shawndo »

I have the group pressure gauge mod so a boiler cap gauge would be weird. Mainly want it just to adjust the pstat every now and then.

I got the vacuum breaker cap a while ago, but not really worth it for me because i still feel like I want to purge the system of "air" anyway. Might just be my own weak brain though :lol:
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra

Dev

#20: Post by Dev »

That looks really nice. It reminds me a completely restored vintage car in the original paint that is often rare because most repaints are not original and don't give off that vibe.

In regard to the pressure cap gauge from Cerini they are always out of stock. When I was rebuilding my Cremina over the summer I kept checking the site and one magically popped up for sale so I grabbed it. I have noticed later on they kept doing it that way so if you keep visiting it might show up.

In regards to the vacuum breaker cap force of habit had me purge also but over time I stopped and only do so before steaming milk and afterwards to blow out any milk to clean the steam wand. This cap has simplified my workflow.