O-Ring Kit Recomendations

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Tillamook

#1: Post by Tillamook »

I know this is a restoration 101 rookie question, but I am drawing a blank. I currently am in the reassembly phase of a Conti Prestina that has an absurd amount of various o rings, many different sizes, everywhere throughout the machine. I would like recommendations for a good Oring kit that others have used with success. It's easy to find kits with the desired sizes I need, but it's like pulling teeth finding out which ones are FDA approved.

drgary
Team HB

#2: Post by drgary »

Terry, a Google search for "food grade silicone o rings" yielded many options. I think a key is researching hardness ratings.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

drgary
Team HB

#3: Post by drgary »

Also, I asked Espresso Parts about availability of Conti lever group parts and they went the extra mile to find what I was looking for at Cafe Parts. Prestina-specific parts are hard to find, but it's a simple machine to restore in general. Another good source for generic fittings and parts is our sponsor, Espresso Care.

www.espressoparts.com

www.cafeparts.com

www.espressocare.com
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

WWWired

#4: Post by WWWired »

Hi Tillamook :)

Yep, drgary is completely correct about DrGoogle and for those reading into this "Restoration 101" follow up question drgary has offered comprehensive fantastic further insights relating to the Conti Prestina in a decisively thorough and great Home-Barista forum thread you find by clicking here

Photo Credit: The Conti Prestina by drgary in his great Conti Prestina Espresso Machine Restoration 101 thread.