Nuova Simonelli Mac 2000V User Manual

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
toadshade

#1: Post by toadshade »

I have been looking for a user manual but I have not found a link on this site that is still valid and all the sites I find online seem to be just scams. If anyone has a legit place to go I would appreciate it.

baldheadracing
Team HB

#2: Post by baldheadracing replying to toadshade »

How about the Nuova Simonelli USA website: https://www.simonelliusa.com/all-equipm ... ts-archive
1-group: https://www.simonelliusa.com/PDFs/Disco ... manual.pdf
2+-group: https://www.simonelliusa.com/PDFs/Disco ... manual.pdf
Some of the other links are broken, but if you e-mail them, then they'll have the pdfs somewhere.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

toadshade (original poster)

#3: Post by toadshade (original poster) »

I tried that. If that is the entire manual then I am surprised. And it seems like some information is limited or missing (page 2, figures 6 and 7 in particular). Also the parts and repair manuals are missing as well. I just plugged mine in after buying it. And after making 2 perfect espressos, the temp or pressure bolted and water exploded somewhere in the head. I happened to be looking at it when it happened. The upper gauge went all the way to red and blew in a second. If it wasn't so terrifying it would have been humorous. I had to reseal the pump bypass o ring this morning and it was so brittle, it came off the plastic stopper in pieces (forgive my p incorrect terminology). I'm sure the whole machine is probably in the same condition and will have to be resealed. I was prepared to do that anyway. I was actually impressed that I got two coffees out of it at all before it went.

baldheadracing
Team HB

#4: Post by baldheadracing »

Italian documentation can be confusing ...

I see page 2 and figures 6 and 7 ... have you looked at both pdf's that I linked, or just the one-group? Simonelli can have the one-group as part of the 2+ group documentation so one always needs to look at both.

For the parts book - the 1-group parts book isn't there, but the 2+ group parts book includes all of the 1-group parts, so there's no need for the 1-group parts book.

The pdfs under "Repair Guide" probably don't exist anymore. "Repair Guide" is not the best translation from Italian - a more useful translation would be "Other documents." For the Mac and other machines, Nuova Distribution used to sell spare parts kits that had the replacement parts for a repair place to stock. The PDF was just a list of the parts that were in the kit - not of much use now. (I have PDF's for other Simonelli machines, but unfortunately I didn't keep anything for the Mac 2000.)

Anyhow, good on you for trying to get one of these dinosaurs to work. Good luck!
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

toadshade (original poster)

#5: Post by toadshade (original poster) »

Thanks for the support. I'll need it. I appreciate the clarification.