No water nor pressure on Breville BES860XL

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Rama Bali

Postby Rama Bali » Feb 12, 2018, 9:49 pm

Hi I had Breville BES860XL for about 4 years now. I just changed its solenoid valve assembly about 2 months ago because its seems the pressure getting lower/inconsistent and did cleaning-decalcifying use vinegar-water 30-60 and after that was working back normally. After about 3 month, the espresso getting less and less pressure at its shower head (back to inconsistent again) and I decided to changed its pump (all new and original parts). Its getting worst after that. The pump has a normal noise indicate its working but after 2-3 seconds the noise become very weak and no water came out from its head and no pressure at its gauge at all. Steam wand working perfectly. I re-open again to see and put colour water in the tray (make it easier to detect) and saw that a water in the pipe from solenoid valve assembly that goes to shower head and pressure gauge cannot goes up (only half way) into its channel. Is this means a blockage in its solenoid valve assembly again? I try to contact Breville technical support but no luck. Please help.

nicholasnumbers

Postby nicholasnumbers » Feb 13, 2018, 12:25 pm

Did you test the pump independently before you installed it?

I've had repairs where a "new" pump was defective. I'd pull the pump out and see if it's truly pumping water.

Nick

slipchuck

Postby slipchuck » Feb 13, 2018, 5:12 pm

Did you check the in line filter? Also, these models have been known to get clogged hoses

Good luck

Randy
The only bad decisions are the decisions you didn't make