New monsters comes to the house (faema ariete)

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
baristadecalle

#1: Post by baristadecalle »

hello all
well here a few pics of my new ( oldddd) machine i am trying to set up a business with heart and passion for real and i am giving this beauty a new life well i hope i have few questions about gas and mechanic pressostat sorry for my english ill be posting some more pics to ask to the experts, i bought it because was complete at least i think that have some serious corrosion and lots of work already take it a part all and soaking in citric acid

i did broke 12 of the 24 bolts was a nasty work every want was pretty welded

baristadecalle (original poster)

#2: Post by baristadecalle (original poster) »

hi i am hitting again a strong calcium wall haha 7 days soaking on acid and still nothing i try to grind some but its like grinding a rock
later ill take a pic of now

wsfarrell

#3: Post by wsfarrell »

Looks like a cool machine. Hope you can bring it back to its former glory.

bluesman

#4: Post by bluesman »

baristadecalle wrote:hi i am hitting again a strong calcium wall haha 7 days soaking on acid and still nothing i try to grind some but its like grinding a rock
Wow! You're a very brave man, Jose. We look forward to your progress and wish you good luck. That is a fine machine that will make you proud!

ira
Team HB

#5: Post by ira »

Depending on the acid it might need to be near boiling to do much of anything. I descaled my Rancilio with 1/3 of the the 220V heater connected to 110V to keep the solution warm and even with that it took days to get it all out. Heck, it took a day before I could get the heater free so I could get the big loose chunks out.

Ira

#6: Post by baristadecalle (original poster) »

i am the second owner the first treated really bad the machine, is the first time someone opened boiler as every other the aluminum plates broke and well 12 bolts too now i have almost all the machine clean less the boiler i am planing to chrome the boiler ends and make a new exterior with wood and glass and laser print the faema symbol my main problem right now is the gas system and i have to build the water pipe fully, i am exchanging every bolt for SS every oring and every gasket the group handled are make form iron i am making new ones on SS this machine have get a real overhauling

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by JohnB. »

baristadecalle wrote:hi i am hitting again a strong calcium wall haha 7 days soaking on acid and still nothing i try to grind some but its like grinding a rock
If you are using a citric acid solution you might want to try undiluted white vinegar. I've found it to be far more effective against hard deposits plus it doesn't need to be heated to work.
LMWDP 267

#8: Post by baristadecalle (original poster) »

thanks for the info, i hear something about vinegar you know about the taste and smells stay on the metal for long did you have that problem when you try it ?

drgary
Team HB

#9: Post by drgary »

Rinse it thoroughly. It is just vinegar, which washes off.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#10: Post by JohnB. »

Finish with a quick hot citric acid soak then a clear water rinse to remove any vinegar odor/taste. Another option to remove a heavy scale buildup is the bead blast cabinet. This is my preferred method as I just don't have the patience to watch something soaking for days when I know that I can clean it up in minutes.
LMWDP 267