New monsters comes to the house (faema ariete) - Page 3

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
grog

#21: Post by grog »

I would do the frame in something fairly neutral, like a dark gray or black. Wood side panels could look great, but I would mount them onto something like thin metal on the inside to act as a vapor barrier of sorts. Whenever I see bare wood over a boiler that is meant to be left on for hours and hours, I think about how that expansion and contraction from steam and heat is going to deform the wood and accelerate its' demise. Maybe I'm overthinking that and someone who has actually used wood panels on a commercial machine can chime in.
LMWDP #514

baristadecalle (original poster)

#22: Post by baristadecalle (original poster) »

thanks grog i am thinking on going black and well after all i think i gonna take the glass look to see

Advertisement
redbone

#23: Post by redbone »

Check out the colours used on the Fiat 500 new and vintage.
They've picked some nice colours reflecting the 50\60's era.
Should give you some inspiration.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

#24: Post by baristadecalle (original poster) »

thanks redbone any idea will be nice to hear i am looking that hipster balance you know and old looking machine with soul and some new toys haha

#25: Post by baristadecalle (original poster) »

does anyone know where i can find the blueprint or any design for hand lever knock i was thinking on trying or making new ones with a 3d printer

#26: Post by baristadecalle (original poster) »

new rings for daddy i will like to make it on ss but just have in hand steel a36 now waiting for the chrome pieces to star to put together

#27: Post by baristadecalle (original poster) »

Hey hey is me look,i did buy some bearings make new parts polish some other and chrome anothers now its to put it together

Advertisement
Bluecold

#28: Post by Bluecold »

Wow that looks nice. I'd go for wood on the lever and pf handles.

I'd also go for solid state heating control. Sensor, pid controller, solid state relay. Silent, reliable, robust, nontoxic.
LMWDP #232
"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death I Shall Fear No Evil For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."