New Marcfi single-group espresso machine and grinder from 1996

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
dequincey

#1: Post by dequincey »

so this was found close to my place, was easy to find and pick up

apparently the repair service guy said it was beyond repair, a pity such a beautiful machine

i have no experience in these machines, so it will be a nice journey

if you have experience in this one, please help

regards

dequincey (original poster)

#2: Post by dequincey (original poster) »

so i have been searching in the web for instructions and/or diagrams, exploded parts drawings, or something, no luck

it seems that even for the brand MARCFI this machine is not a very common product

moreover, MARCFI was closed shortly after producing this machine, there is no way to contact the company or distributors that may have some more info.

PO kept instructions, they say: Model S/U Serie P

and that wil give you nothing in a search

...TBC

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#3: Post by pizzaman383 »

Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

drgary
Team HB

#4: Post by drgary »

Regarding any Marcfi parts, you'll want to make sure you're dealing with the commercial lever machine and group, not the smaller manual home lever.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

#5: Post by dequincey (original poster) »

thank you , i can recognize some of the parts pictured in your links
i will need further dissasemble and analysis
links highly appreciated

#6: Post by dequincey (original poster) »

drgary wrote:Regarding any Marcfi parts, you'll want to make sure you're dealing with the commercial lever machine and group, not the smaller manual home lever.
i think this is the commercial one,
the home lever, i was told, was similar to lapavoni, my lapavoni filter holder is much smaller, lets take a look inside,

#7: Post by dequincey (original poster) »

this is how it looks out from my car's trunk,

it is not small, OMG !

#8: Post by dequincey (original poster) »

it seems that it was prepared for gas and electricity, but mainly operated with electricity by PO

it has a hose for fresh water and a hose to evacuate water excess, but this last one was conveniently closed to avoid installing the sewing system

it is my intention to use it without a fresh water entry, as it is a manual lever coffee water is coming from boiler, so my idea is to install a tube with an screwed cap directly onto the boiler, this way i will have to fill the boiler through it before use

i can not use a fresh water supply from the net so it is the only way i can go, i understand that this mod is fully reversible as basically a closed cap is like the original mod

please comment if you think this is impossible, and or comment on what kind of metal welding is expected, is the boiler brass ? or steel, or anyother metal ? pictures will follow soon

thanks

#9: Post by dequincey (original poster) »

pretty sturdy group i would say, does the number (k90) say something to the experts ?

it seems to me pretty clean inside

i will check the water spill and try to identify where it comes from

a.b1ns

#10: Post by a.b1ns »

I can't really tell from just the pics but if this is an HX lever you will need positive inlet pressure or it won't work.

If it's a dipper tube machine then you won't necessarily but if it has autofill circuitry then you will need positive inlet pressure again

Best way to go is a flojet plumbed into an accumulator.

I would not get into boiler mods imo