New Fellow "Pro" Stagg Kettle Lid Problem

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
shrugrice

#1: Post by shrugrice »

I just purchased Fellow's new Stagg Pro Kettle. It's a nice looking item, and seems to work well so far, but one thing I'm having a lot of trouble with is the lid. After the kettle is heated, it's extremely hard to get the lid off, bordering on impossible unless you use a whole lot of force. It's a pretty bad design flaw, especially because it feels like it will shorten the lift of the item.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any fixes?

ira
Team HB

#2: Post by ira »

I have a new Corvo Pro and I've no issues with the lid. My experience with Fellows customer service is good, so I'd just ask on their customer service portal on the web site or an email to hello@fellowproducts.com.

shrugrice (original poster)

#3: Post by shrugrice (original poster) »

It's a somewhat known problem. Apparently, Fellow was possibly made aware of the problem by a tester: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pli7MvPInjY I knew about this before I bought it, but in practice, it's turned out to be a real pain, which is frustrating given how expensive the kettle is. So I'm wondering if anyone here has come up with any clever fixes...

baldheadracing
Team HB

#4: Post by baldheadracing »

ira wrote:... so I'd just ask on their customer service portal on the web site or an email to hello@fellowproducts.com.
Or post in the Fellow-supported thread: Fellow news and information!
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

Moka 1 Cup

#5: Post by Moka 1 Cup »

I received my Pro yesterday, used four times and I have not experienced the problem. Actually removing the lid when hot was easier than the regular base model, without the rubber ring.
Maybe you just need a new lid.
Life, Liberty and The Pursuit of Happiness.

rmongiovi

#6: Post by rmongiovi »

I just received the pro studio edition today. When the kettle is at room temperature the lid is just pleasantly snug. After heating my water you couldn't budge the lid with dynamite. I suppose it's good that this will make it unlikely to drip when decanting the last of the water in the kettle, but you'd better not want to check the kettle interior immediately after use.

ira
Team HB

#7: Post by ira »

I would certainly ask them, that does not happen on my two Stagg kettles.

rmongiovi

#8: Post by rmongiovi »

It just takes a short cool-down to be easily removable again. It's just surprising when you first encounter it. I was looking all over for a latch.

I don't think I'd want the lid any looser. I expect it will loosen as it ages anyway.